Mobile HotSpot On/Off - BlackBerry® Z10
This provides direction on how to turn Mobile Hotspot on/off. If you're having trouble setting up WiFi or can't connect to WiFi, make sure Mobile Hotspot is off. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
When Mobile Hotspot is enabled (On), other Wi-Fi services are subsequently disabled.
- From the home screen, select Settings.
If not available, swipe down from the top of the display (where the time is located).
- Select Network Connections.
- Select Mobile Hotspot.
- If presented with the 'How Mobile Hotspot Works' screen, select Next (located in the upper-right).
- From the 'Charges May Apply' screen, review the disclaimer then select Next.
- From the 'Monitor Hotspot Users' screen, review the disclaimer then select Next.
- From the 'Preserve Your Battery' screen, review the disclaimer then select Skip to setup (located at the bottom).
- From the 'Setup your Mobile Hotspot Password' screen, enter a password then select Next (located in the upper-right).
Passphrase must be between 8 and 64 characters.
- Select the 'Mobile Hotspot' On/Off switch to enable or disable.
- On (Enabled)
- Off (Disabled)