Power the Device Up in Safe Mode - LG Optimus Exceed™
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset/run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
- With the device powered down, press and hold the Power button until the LG logo appears then release.
- Once the LG logo disappears then re-appears, tap and hold Menu (located below the display at the far right).
- Continue to hold Menu (located below the display at the far right) until Safe Mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock screen then release.
This may take up to 45 seconds.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode, reinstall then test each app, one at a time, to identify which is causing the problem.