Set Up Corporate Email (Exchange ActiveSync®) - Nokia Lumia 2520
- For general information, such as how to navigate the operating system, personalize the Start screen, utilize apps and customize settings, refer to the Windows 8 & Windows RT tutorial.
- To setup an Exchange account using the Outlook 2013 application in Desktop mode, refer to Microsoft Office support article Set up email in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013 then refer to the section titled 'Set up an Exchange connection to your email in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013'.
- Contact your Exchange/IT administrator for assistance with server information and credentials.
- Account synchronization may take several minutes.
- From the Start screen, tap Mail.
If not available, swipe up (starting from the middle of the screen) to display the Apps screen then tap Mail.
- From the right edge of the screen, swipe left to display the charms menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap Add an account.
- Tap Exchange.
This includes Office 365.
- Enter the appropriate Email address and Password then tap Connect.
- If presented with 'We couldn't find settings for <your exchange email address>. Provide us with more info and we'll try connecting again', tap Show more details (located at the bottom).
- Enter the appropriate information into the following fields then select Connect:
- Email address
- Server address
- If prompted 'Make my PC more secure', tap Enforce these policies to complete account setup.
Depending upon your exchange server's policies, additional security measures may need to be applied in order to complete setup. Windows ensures that your device complies with all server requirements upon choosing to enforce the policies.
Last Modified: January 24, 2014