Personal HotSpot On/Off - Apple® iPhone® 5S
This shows you how to turn the hotspot feature on your iPhone 5S on/off.
When Personal Hotspot service is enabled (On), other WiFi services are disabled.
If Personal Hotspot is not available from the settings screen, refer to Set Up Personal Hotspot for assistance.
For USB tethered connections, iTunes must be installed on the computer. Refer to Download and Install iTunes for assistance.
- From the home screen, select Settings.
- Select Cellular.
- Select Personal HotSpot.
- Verify the Personal HotSpot switch is enabled.
Enabled when the switch is in the green position.
- If prompted, select the appropriate setting.
- Turn on Wi-Fi
- Personal HotSpot available over Bluetooth, USB, and WiFi
- Bluetooth and USB only
- Personal Hotspot available over Bluetooth and USB only
The USB connection will be visible in the computer's network connections. To verify the connection, refer to Verifying Connected Networks - Macintosh or Verifying Connected Networks - Windows.
- The Personal HotSpot name will be displayed within quotes beneath the Personal HotSpot switch.