Wi-Fi Syncing with iTunes - Apple® iPhone® 5S
- Wi-Fi syncing allows wireless syncing between iPhone and the computer to back up and sync to iTunes.
- To verify the iTunes software version, refer to iTunes: How to find which version you are using for assistance.
- Wi-Fi syncs over an enabled Wi-Fi network. For assistance with verifying that Wi-Fi is enabled on the device, refer to Wi-Fi On/Off.
- Press the Power button to power iPhone on.
- Connect iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
When tethered, iTunes opens automatically on the computer.
- In iTunes version 11, click the iPhone button in the upper-right.
For iTunes version 12 or higher, click Summary.
If prompted, download the latest version of iTunes. Refer to Install System Updates - iTunes for additional assistance.
- From (Summary) > Options ensure Sync with this iPhone over Wi-Fi is checked.
- Click Sync.
If Sync is not available, click Apply.
- From the home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap iTunes Wi-Fi Sync.
- Tap Sync Now.
- It may take several minutes for the device to begin the sync process.
- Once syncing begins, a revolving arrow appears in the menu bar (located in the top-left corner).
A Syncing Media status bar appears on the screen.
- Once syncing is complete, the time of the last sync is displayed.
Sync Method 1
Sync Method 2
From the iTunes menu, click File then click Sync.
For iTunes version 12, click File > Devices > Sync.
From iTunes, click Sync (located in the lower-right).
Last Modified: October 24, 2014