Restart/Soft Reset - Apple® iPhone® 5S
Soft reset can resolve issues like continuous resetting/rebooting, device crashing, freezing, won't ring or vibrate, can't make or receive calls, device locks up and keypad doesn't respond. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
A restart is the most useful tool for resolving a variety of issues. In most cases, a restart does not affect data on the device.
If the issue is not resolved by a restart or if the device does not power on, attempt the reset method. Never perform the reset method without first attempting to restart the device.
- Press and hold the power/sleep button.
- Slide the power switch right, to power off the device.
It may take several seconds for the device to power off.
- Once the device has completed powering off, press the power/sleep button to power on the device.
- Slide the unlock switch right, to unlock the device.
Symptoms that may require performing a Reset include:
- Display doesn't respond, and iPhone doesn't respond when the On/Off button is pressed.
- Display remains dark, even after charging and connecting to power.
- Device is non-responsive with the display locked.
- Press and hold the power/sleep button and the home/menu button simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds.
- When prompted with the Slide to unlock screen, ignore and continue to hold the power/sleep button and the home/menu button.
- The device powers off. Continue to hold the power/sleep button and the home/menu buttons.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the power/sleep button and the home/menu button.
This process may take several minutes.