Restart the Device in Safe Mode - HTC One®
Safe Mode puts your phone in a diagnostic state (returned to default settings) so you can determine if a third-party app is causing your device to freeze/reset / run slow. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.
An alternate method is available if the device is unresponsive or won't power on.
Fast boot must be disabled.
- With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button (located on the top-left edge) until the 'Phone options' menu appears then release.
- Tap and hold Power off until the 'Reboot to safe mode' prompt appears then release.
- From the 'Reboot to safe mode' prompt, tap RESTART to confirm.
The restart process may take up to one minute to complete.
Upon restart, Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the unlock/home screen.
- With Safe Mode enabled, test device and app functionality. If the previous issue fails to occur, the cause has been isolated to a third-party app and all recently installed or updated apps should be uninstalled.
- Power cycle the device to disable Safe Mode then reinstall and test each app one at a time to identify which app is causing the problem.