Basic Voice MailBack to previous page
Voice Mail takes a caller's message when you can't answer the phone. You will receive a message-waiting indicator to let you know that a message has been left for you. Basic Voice Mail includes:
- Up to 20 stored messages
- Up to a 3-minute recording per message
We also offer Visual Voice Mail. Visit our Voice Mail Comparisons chart to compare Basic and Visual Voice Mail.
How to Get It
iPhone 4® or newer: Apple® Visual Voicemail is included with your service if you have iPhone 4 or newer. Visit our Voice Mail Comparisons chart to see what comes with your Apple Visual Voicemail.
To set up your voice mailbox:
- On your Verizon Wireless mobile phone, enter *86.
Note: You can also set up your voice mailbox from another phone by entering your 10-digit mobile number and following these instructions.
- Tap the Call button.
Note: If you hear a greeting, enter # to continue.
- Follow the prompts to personalize your greeting and mailbox options.
How to Use It
- Call *VM (*86) from your mobile phone.
- Follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages.
Note: If you hear your own greeting when you call *VM, press # to interrupt it and follow the prompts to enter your password.
- Call your 10-digit mobile number.
- Press # to interrupt the greeting and follow the prompts to enter your password and retrieve your messages.
|While Listening to a Message|| After Listening to a Message
|1 + 1||Rewind to beginning of message|
|3 + 3||Fast Forward to end of message|
|5||Envelope Info (date/time message was sent)|
|7||Delete Message*||Delete message|
|9||Save Message*||Save message|
*Not available in all areas.
**Forward/Reply only works with other Verizon Wireless Voice Mail subscribers in your own area.
Top QuestionsAll FAQs
Fax & Personal Operators not available in all areas. Airtime
iPhone and Apple are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.