Visual Voice MailBack to previous page
Visual Voice Mail is an application that allows subscribers to view caller and voice mail information and listen to voice mail messages in any order on their devices. Scroll through your messages, pick the ones you want to listen to, erase or archive them right from your device screen. You can call back, text and add to contacts directly from the Visual Voice Mail screen.
Other features include:
- Get on-screen access to voice mail message status.
- Access voice mail with one button and get instant playback.
- Save up to 40 messages for 40 days, or archive them permanently.
- Create 10 different caller-ID based greetings.
- Reply via call back, text or even voice mail.
The cost is $2.99 / month. Data charges apply.
How to Get It
Please review the list of devices that support Visual Voice Mail.
Activating Visual Voice Mail
- If you are a new Verizon Wireless customer (or have not set up your Verizon Wireless Voice Mail service yet), you'll have to activate the service and set up your Voice Mail password, greetings and mailbox.
- Begin by downloading the Visual Voice Mail application. Depending on your phone model, you can activate Visual Voice Mail by clicking on Messaging and selecting the Visual Voice Mail link.
- After selecting the Visual Voice Mail link, a message will provide more information about the application.
- You will be asked to download the application and begin the subscription process.
- After you have downloaded the application, Visual Voice Mail will ask you to launch the application.
- You will be prompted to enter your PIN. Visual Voice Mail uses the same password as your standard Voice Mail system.
- Once Visual Voice Mail has launched, it will ask you if you want to subscribe. Press Yes.
- You will be shown the service and subscription information. (Press More for additional information).
- Press Subscribe.
- You’ll be asked to accept the Terms and Conditions.
- Press I Accept.
- Visual Voice Mail will instruct you to wait five minutes before re-launching the application.
- Press Close.
How to Use It
- The number or contact name of the caller.
- The day, date, and time the message was received.
- The length of the message.
- If the message is expiring.
From the Inbox, you can:
- Listen to the audio message file.
- Erase the selected message (with or without listening to).
- Select other actions from the Options menu.
Note: Depending on the model of your phone, Visual Voice Mail controls are activated using soft keys, a touch screen, or a combination of both. Consult your phone’s manual for more information on navigating through Verizon Wireless applications.
Listening to Your Voice Mail Messages
Visual Voice Mail allows you to play a selected message in your Inbox. Scroll up or down to select the message you would like to play. This differs from traditional Voice Mail access where you have to listen to your messages in the order in which they were received.
Press Play to listen to the selected message. You can Pause, Resume Play, Fast Forward, or Rewind the message. The counter will indicate how much of the message has played and the length of the message.
Note: Fast forward and rewind work in five second increments. If the message is five seconds or less in length, fast forward will skip to the end of the message and rewind will restart it. Selecting a different message while you are listening to a message will cause the message to stop playing.
Erasing a Voice Mail Message
- Select a message in the Inbox and press Erase.
- Visual Voice Mail will ask if you want to erase the message.
- Select Yes and Press OK. Visual Voice Mail will delete the message and return to the Inbox.
For more information, please refer to the Quick Reference Guide and How to Use Guide for Visual Voice Mail.
Top QuestionsAll FAQs