Mobile BroadbandBack to previous page
|Mobile Broadband 4G LTE||5 - 12 Mbps||2 - 5 Mbps|
|Mobile Broadband 3G||600 Kbps - 1.4 Mbps||500 - 800 Kbps|
|Mobile Broadband Extended 3G||400 - 700 Kbps||60 - 80 Kbps|
Mobile Broadband will give you the freedom to stay productive and connected whether you're on the road or in a meeting across town. You'll also receive 3G service when outside the Mobile Broadband Rate and Coverage Area. 3G is available in thousands of cities and towns and allows download speeds of 60-80 Kbps and burst up to 144 Kbps.2 See our Coverage Area map for more information.
How to Get It
- Computer with Mobile Broadband capabilities
- Laptop with Mobile Broadband capabilities
- Verizon Jetpack® mobile hotspot
- USB modem
- PC card
You’ll also need one of the following Mobile Broadband plans:
- The MORE Everything Plan – This is a standard monthly plan that requires a contract and you select a set monthly data allowance which you’re billed for at the end of your bill cycle. If you go over your data allowance, you’ll receive an additional 1 GB of data to use for a set fee. Your plan can include just your data-only device, or you can add up to 9 other devices to your plan and share the data across all of them.
- Prepaid plan – These plans require no long-term contract, and you can select from daily, weekly and monthly data allowances, depending on the type of device you have. You add money to your prepaid account ahead of time, and based on your usage, the money is deducted from your account as needed. You can also purchase additional data allowances at any time if you find you need more.
How to Use It
To use Mobile Broadband:
- Activate your Mobile Broadband device using the instructions included in the box.
- Go to the network or Internet settings of the device you want to connect to the Verizon Wireless network.
- From the list of available networks, select the network name you created during the activation process of your Mobile Broadband device.
You can now access the Internet, use email and more on your computer and other devices using the Verizon Wireless network.
Top QuestionsAll FAQs
Subject to Customer Agreement, Calling Plan, credit approval & [other service] terms.
1 Speeds require an EV-DO Rev. A-capable device. When using an EV-DO device that is not Rev. A-capable or traveling in the extended Broadband Rate and Services Area, you can expect download speeds of 400-700 Kbps and upload speeds of 60-80 Kbps.
2 Mobile Broadband speed claims based on our network tests with 5 MB FTP data files, without compression. VZAccess Manager will indicate when you’re in a Rev. A coverage area.