Text MessagingBack to previous page
With text messaging, you can:
- Send and receive messages to and from other mobile numbers and email addresses
- Receive alerts about important account changes or due dates
- Receive regular updates about news, sports, weather, horoscopes and more
- Read and send messages online through the Verizon Messages website
Text messages are billed differently depending on the type of plan you have.
- Unlimited messaging – Send and receive as many texts as you want without paying additional fees. Unlimited messaging is included in The MORE Everything Plan.
- Messaging allowance – A set number of messages is included each month with a plan (e.g., 1000 messages), and each message you send or receive is deducted from that amount with no additional charge. If that allowance is exceeded, messages are billed individually at a “pay as you go” rate.
- Pay per message – Each message sent or received is billed individually at a rate outlined in your plan.
If you aren’t sure how messages are billed on your current plan, you can find that information on the following pages in My Verizon:
How to Get It
Many plans come with unlimited messaging (e.g., The MORE Everything Plan) or you may have a monthly messaging allowance. If you don’t have either of these, you can still send and receive text messages on a “pay as you go” basis.
How to Use It
For many newer phones and tablets, you can find a visual step-by-step walkthrough on text messaging in our simulators. Select your device name from the list and look for the Text Messaging section.
If there isn’t a simulator available for your device, you can check your User Guide for more information.
*Nationwide Select Plans include unlimited text, picture, video and instant messaging within the United States. All other plans include Text Messaging sent/received: 20Â¢; Text Messages sent to other countries are 25Â¢ send/ and 20Â¢ to receive; for coverage