Note: Once you return your phone, it can’t be sent back to you.
Step 1: Save your contacts from the defective phone.If you can’t use your defective phone or have already backed up your contacts using Backup AssistantSM go to Step 2.
- Visit the Contacts Transfer Wizard.
- Follow the instructions to transfer your contacts from the defective phone.
Step 2: Transfer the SIM card from the defective phone.If you don’t have a Global Ready™ phone, skip to Step 3.
- Remove the SIM card from the defective Global Ready phone.
- Without touching the gold contacts, insert the SIM card into the SIM card slot of your replacement phone according to the User Guide.
Step 3: Activate the replacement phone.
- Turn off the defective phone. If your phone has a removable battery, remove it.
Note: If your defective phone has an SD memory card, remove it.
- Insert the SD memory card (if you have one) and battery from the defective phone into your replacement phone.
- Charge your replacement phone, and then turn it on.
- Dial *228 and press SEND. Then press 1 and follow the prompts to activate your phone.
Note: Onscreen instructions on some phones may indicate pressing SEND to activate it.
Prepaid customers: Dial *22898 and press SEND. Then press 2 and follow prompts.
Step 4: Transfer your contacts to your replacement phone.
- Visit the How to Restore Contacts on BlackBerry Using Backup Assistant page.
- Follow the instructions for transferring your contacts to your replacement phone.
Step 5: Return your defective BlackBerry phone.Note: You must return your defective BlackBerry phone within five days. If you don’t return your defective phone, or if you return one that has been subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or unreasonable wear and tear, you’ll be charged up to the full retail price of your replacement device, which may exceed $500.
Follow the instructions below to ship your defective phone:
- Remove all accessories from your defective phone, including battery (if removable), SD card, SIM card, USB cables, etc.
- Insert your defective phone under the film of the cardboard insert found in the shipping box to ensure safe return.
- Place the insert, with the defective phone under the film, back inside the shipping box.
- Seal the shipping box and attach the return label.
- Drop off at the nearest location of the carrier identified on the return shipping label.
BlackBerry and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of BlackBerry and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the work. Used under license from BlackBerry.