This guide contains general instructions on activating a Certified Like-New Replacement 3G USB modem and shipping your defective one back to us.
Note: Once you return your modem, it cannot be sent back to you.
Step 1: Transfer the SIM card from your defective modem.
This step is for World 3G USB modems only. If you do not have a global modem with a SIM card, go to step 2.
- Remove the SIM card from your defective World modem.
- Without touching the gold contacts, insert the SIM card into the SIM card slot on your replacement modem. For instructions specific to your device, refer to your User Guide.
- To ensure your SIM card number is correct and activated, contact Customer Service at (800) 711-8300 prior to traveling.
Step 2: Activate service on your replacement modem..
You can activate your service online via My Verizon.
You may also activate your service by calling (877) 807-4646. Have your Customer Receipt with you because you may be asked to confirm information from it, including the mobile number assigned to your device.
Step 3: Connect your replacement modem to a computer and activate it.
- Connect the replacement modem to a USB port on your computer.
- Double-click the VZAccess® Manager icon on your computer screen.
- Select Options and then select Activation.
- Select the appropriate network and click Connect WWAN.
Note: We recommend that you check for updates periodically and upgrade to the latest version of VZAccess Manager when available.* Using the latest version of VZAccess Manager ensures optimal performance of your modem.
Step 4: Return your defective modem.
Note: You must return your defective 3G USB modem within five days. If you do not return your defective modem, or if you return one that has been subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or unreasonable wear and tear, you will be charged up to the retail price of your replacement modem, which may exceed $500.
Follow the instructions below to ship your defective modem.
- Remove all accessories from your defective modem, including battery (if removable), SD card, SIM card, USB cables, etc.
- Insert your defective modem under the film of the cardboard insert found in the shipping box to ensure safe return.
- Place the insert, with the defective modem under film, back inside the shipping box.
- Seal the shipping box and attach the return label.
- Drop off the box at the nearest location of the carrier identified on the return shipping label.
* Data usage will be incurred when downloading upgrades of VZAccess Manager while connected to the Verizon Wireless network. Data usage will not be incurred when downloading upgrades over Wi-Fi.
International subscribers: World Devicel Ready™ replacements come with a new SIM card pre-installed. Please contact Customer Service at (800) 711-8300 to ensure your SIM card number is correct and activated prior to travel.