This guide contains general instructions on activating a replacement 4G LTE Smartphone and shipping your defective one back to us.
Note: Once you return your Smartphone, it can’t be sent back to you.
Step 1: Back up contacts from your defective phone.
Note: If you cannot access your old phone or have already backed up your contacts using Backup Assistant PlusSM, go to step 2.
Contacts and media will not automatically transfer to your new Smartphone. You will need to back them up, so you can restore them later on your new phone.
- Back up contacts - Refer to the How to Use Guide: Backup Assistant for instructions on backing up your contacts.
- Back up media- You can back up pictures, videos and music by saving them to a memory card or with Backup Assistant Plus*. Refer to the Backup Assistant Plus website for more information on using this service.
Step 2: Transfer SIM card and battery.
The process for inserting your battery and 4G LTE SIM card varies by phone. Forcefully attempting to remove your battery cover or insert your SIM card or battery can result in damage to your phone. For instructions specific to your phone, refer to your phone’s User Guide.
- Turn off your defective phone and remove the battery cover and battery, if your phone has a removable battery cover and battery.
- Remove the SIM card from your defective Smartphone without touching the gold contacts.
- Insert the SIM card into your replacement phone.
- If you have a battery and battery cover from your defective phone, insert them into your replacement phone.
- Charge your replacement phone.
Step 3: Activate your replacement phone.
- Turn on your replacement phone; activation will begin automatically.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to set up your device, and download or activate Backup Assistant
Note: If you using an Android™ device and backed up your contacts and content using Google Sync™, you must enter the same Google username and password that you used on your original device to restore data.
Step 4: Return your defective phone.Note: You must return your defective 4G LTE Smartphone within five days. If you do not return your defective phone or if you return one that has been subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or unreasonable wear and tear, you will be charged up to the full retail price of your replacement phone, which may exceed $500.
Follow the instructions below to ship your phone.
- Remove all accessories from your defective phone, including battery (if removable), SD card, SIM card, USB cables, etc.
- Insert the defective phone under the film of the cardboard insert found in the shipping box to ensure safe return.
- Place the insert, with the defective phone under film, back inside the shipping box.
- Seal the shipping box and attach the return label.
- Drop off the box at the nearest location of the carrier identified on the return shipping label.
Global subscribers: Please contact Customer Service at (800) 711-8300 to ensure your SIM card number is correct and activated prior to travel.
Global PhoneGoogle and the Google logo are trademarks of Google, Inc.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.