Note: Once you return your USB modem, it cannot be sent back to you.
Step 1: Transfer your SIM card and battery.
- Turn off your defective 4G LTE USB modem, and remove the battery cover and battery.
- Remove the SIM card from your defective modem without touching the gold electrical contacts.
Note: The actual insertion process varies by device, so refer to your User Guide for instructions on how to insert the SIM card.
- Write down the password located on the back of your replacement modem or under the battery cover.
- Insert the battery and battery cover from your defective modem into your replacement modem.
- Charge your replacement modem.
Step 2: Attach your USB modem to the computer and connect to the Internet.
- Attach your modem to your computer, using the original extension cable to optimize the performance of your device. This cable increases the distance between your USB modem and computer, reducing possible interference from your computer.
- Double-click the VZAccess® Manager icon on your computer screen. Your service will be activated automatically.
- Select the appropriate network and click Connect WWAN.
Note: You will be prompted to check for VZAccess Manager software updates weekly. We recommend you check for updates periodically and upgrade to the latest version when available.* Using the latest version of VZAccess Manager ensures optimal performance of your modem.
Step 3: Ship your defective USB modem.
Note: You must return your defective 4G LTE USB modem within five days. If you do not return your modem or if you return one that has been subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or unreasonable wear and tear, you will be charged up to the full retail price of your replacement USB modem, which may exceed $500.
Follow the instructions below to ship your USB modem:
- Remove all accessories from your defective modem, including battery (if removable), SD card, SIM card, USB cables, etc.
- Insert your defective modem under the film of the cardboard insert found in the shipping box to ensure safe return.
- Place the insert, with the defective modem under film, back inside the shipping box.
- Seal the shipping box and attach the return label.
- Drop off the box at the nearest location of the carrier identified on the return shipping label.
* Data usage will be incurred when downloading upgrades of VZAccess Manager while connected to the Verizon Wireless network. Data usage will not be incurred when downloading upgrades over Wi-Fi®. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.