This guide explains how to transfer media from an Android™, BlackBerry® or basic phone to iPhone.
Before Starting the Transfer
You must have the Backup AssistantSM Plus desktop app installed on your computer. It’s compatible with various operating systems, including Windows®, Mac® and Linux®, and can be downloaded from the Backup Assistant Plus downloads page.
You should also make sure your model of mobile phone is supported by the desktop app's media transfer feature. View a list of compatible device models.
Transferring Your Media
When you are ready to begin the transfer, complete the following steps:
- Open the Backup Assistant Plus app on your computer.
- Connect the Android, BlackBerry or basic phone to your computer using a compatible USB cable.
Note: The Backup Assistant Plus app will detect the make and model of the connected device and will display it as a separate device node in the left pane of the app’s Home screen.
- Select the device node displayed in the left pane of the desktop app's Home screen.
Note: If your mobile phone has both internal memory and an installed memory card, there may be two nodes listed in the left pane displaying the mobile phone model (one node for each memory type). If the first node doesn’t display the media files you want to transfer, select the other node to locate the files.
- Select the media type (e.g., pictures, videos, music, documents) you want to transfer from the desktop app's top menu.
- Highlight and select one or more files to be transferred, and drag them to the node in the left pane labeled Local Media Content.
Note: The transfer icon located in the lower right corner of the Local Media Content node will turn red to indicate transfer is in progress. When the transfer is complete, the transfer icon will change to its original color.
- Select the Local Media Content node to confirm the media was transferred correctly. Make sure the appropriate media type is selected in the desktop app's top menu option (e.g., select Pictures to verify that your pictures transferred properly).
- Close the Backup Assistant Plus desktop app.
- Confirm iTunes® has been installed on your computer. If not, you must first download and install iTunes from the Apple® website before proceeding.
- Open and use iTunes to locate the media saved on your computer. When iTunes scans the computer for media, it should detect all the media transferred from your Android, BlackBerry or basic phone.
- Use the standard procedures on iTunes to transfer media to your iPhone. If you need further assistance, visit Apple’s Support website for specific steps on Syncing with iTunes.
You’ve completed the steps to transfer your media.
Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
iPhone and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
Back to top