Certified Like-New Replacement Activation and Shipping Guide: iPad® 2
For problems covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, you will receive a replacement iPad 2 within three to five business days after shipping your original iPad 2. Your replacement may be reconditioned.
For problems not covered under the manufacturer’s warranty, your iPad 2 may be returned to you in the same condition.
Step 1: Sync your defective iPad 2 with iTunes®.
If you are unable to power on your original iPad 2, go to step 2.
For more information on syncing with iTunes, refer to the Syncing with iTunes page on the Apple® website.
Step 2: Ship your iPad 2.
- Write down the Serial Number from the back of your iPad 2 on your copy of the FedEx® label.
- Insert your iPad 2 into the enclosed bag and secure it between the foam inserts of the recovery box. Keep your original accessories (e.g., USB cable) for use with your replacement iPad 2.
Note: Failure to use the recovery box and packing material may void the manufacturer’s warranty and/or prevent you from receiving your replacement or original iPad 2.
- Include your Verizon Wireless receipt in the box.
- Provide the information requested under the box lid.
- Seal the box with tape.
- Attach the return label (keep your copy) and completely cover or cross out the original shipping label.
- Drop it off at the nearest carrier location or contact the carrier for pickup:
Step 3: Register and sync your replacement iPad 2 with iTunes.
- Connect your replacement iPad 2 to a USB port on your computer using the included cable.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to sync your iPad 2.
Step 4: Sign up for 3G service.
Note: If you are on a prepaid plan, you do not need to complete this step.
On your iPad 2 screen, complete the following steps:
- Tap Settings.
- On the bottom-right of the Settings screen, tap Reset.
- Tap Subscriber Services and tap Reprovision Account.
- Your service will be activated within a few minutes.
- To confirm that 3G service was activated successfully, look in the top-left corner of the screen for “Verizon 3G”. Within 20 minutes of activation, a pop-up window will appear stating your data plan has updated.
AppleCare customers: Your AppleCare Protection Plan will automatically transfer to your replacement iPad.
The iPad you received may be reconditioned and will carry the remaining warranty period from the prior iPad, or 90 days, whichever is greater. This does not limit or supersede any existing manufacturer warranty and may be considered a “warranty” or “service contract” in certain states. In these states, visit verizonwireless.com/extendedwarranty or refer to Your Guide for our Extended Limited Warranty or Service Contract information.
iPad and iTunes are registered trademarks of Apple Inc.