Certified Like-New Replacement Activation and Shipping Guide: Windows® Smartphone
Note: Once you return your Smartphone, it can’t be sent back to you.
Step 1: Save your contacts from your defective phone.If you can’t use your defective phone, or you already backed up your contacts using Backup AssistantSM, go to Step 2.
- Visit the Contact Transfer Wizard.
- Follow the instructions to transfer your contacts from your defective phone.
Step 2: Transfer the SIM card and battery.The way you insert the 4G LTE SIM card varies by phone. For detailed instructions, refer to your User Guide.
- Turn off the defective Windows phone. If your phone has a removable battery cover and battery, remove them.
Note: If your defective phone has an SD memory card, be sure to remove it and insert it into your replacement phone.
- Remove the SIM card from your defective phone without touching the gold contacts.
- Insert the SIM card from the defective phone into your replacement phone. For detailed instructions, see your phone’s User Guide.
- If the battery on your phone is not built in, insert it into your replacement phone and replace the battery cover.
- Charge your replacement phone.
Step 3: Activate your Windows phone and transfer your contacts.
- Turn on your replacement Windows phone.
- Activation will start automatically.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to set up your phone and download or activate Backup Assistant to transfer your contacts.
- If you backed up your contacts in Step 1, the contacts will be restored when Backup Assistant is set up.
Note: Activation may take up to 20 minutes. Don’t turn your phone off unless you’re notified that activation has failed. If activation fails, turn off your phone, remove and reinsert the SIM card, turn on the phone and try again.
Step 4: Return your defective Windows Smartphone.
Note: You must return your defective phone within five days. If you don’t return your defective device, or if you return one that has been subjected to neglect, misuse, liquid damage or unreasonable wear and tear, you’ll be charged up to the full retail price of your replacement device, which may exceed $500.
Follow the instructions below to ship your defective Smartphone:
- Remove all accessories from your defective Smartphone, including battery (if removable), SD card, SIM card, USB cables, etc.
- Insert your defective Smartphone under the film of the cardboard insert found in the shipping box to ensure safe return.
- Place the insert, with the defective Smartphone under the film, back inside the shipping box.
- Seal the shipping box and attach the return label.
- Drop off at the nearest location of the carrier identified on the return shipping label.
Global subscribers: Please contact Customer Service at (800) 711-8300 to ensure your SIM card number is correct and activated prior to travel.
Windows is either a registered trademark or trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.