Activating Your Samsung Galaxy S®4 – New Customers
This guide is for new Verizon Wireless customers who purchased Samsung Galaxy S4. If you’re an existing Verizon Wireless customer, refer to the Activating and Setting Up Samsung Galaxy S4 Guide for Existing Customers.
Step 1: Locate and Insert SIM Card
- Locate SIM card in the red Getting Started folder you received with your shipment.
- Remove the SIM card from the folder without touching the gold connectors.
- Locate SIM card slot on the top right side of device. Un-latch the access door and insert SIM card. Replace the access door.
- For help installing your SIM card, see our Samsung Galaxy S4 simulator.
Step 2: Activate Your Phone
- Insert the phone’s battery, and attach the battery cover.
- Turn on your phone by pressing the power button on the top right of the device.
- Follow the on-screen steps to complete activation and set up of your phone.
© 2013 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. Samsung and Samsung Galaxy S®4 are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.