How to Restore Contacts on BlackBerry® Devices Using Backup Assistant
Note: Backup Assistant is available on all BlackBerry devices except for these older models; for those devices, please refer to the transferring contacts without Backup Assistant page.
- Backup Assistant can be found in the Menu of your BlackBerry device. Click the “Backup Assistant” icon to download the application.
If you are prompted to give permission to access phone information, click “Allow.”
- Read the BlackBerry Preload Agreement. If you agree to the Terms and Conditions, click “I agree.”
- On the following screen, click “Download” to download the Backup Assistant application.
- Once the download is complete, you will be prompted to run the application. Click “Run” to start Backup Assistant.
If you need to access the application later, it can still be found in the Menu.
- Once Backup Assistant opens on your device, click “Next” to begin activation. Your device will communicate with the Backup Assistant server.
- You will be prompted to enter the four- to eight-digit PIN you created when you activated Backup Assistant.
- If you forgot your PIN, press the “#” key to have it sent to your device. Press “OK” to confirm having the PIN sent to your device.
Note: You will not be able to have the PIN sent to your device if the feature was disabled during initial setup of Backup Assistant.
Any contacts in the Backup Assistant server will be saved to your device. Changes to your address book will continue to be backed up on a daily basis. When you switch to a different device, simply activate Backup Assistant on that device to automatically restore all your contacts on the new device.