Block and Unblock Services - My Verizon Support
In My Verizon, you can prevent or allow access to any of the services listed below for each device on your account. Restricting the following services on a device may help you avoid unwanted or unexpected charges.
- Messaging Blocks: Prevent a device from using messaging services.
- Purchase Blocks: Prevent a device from being able to access certain apps and services or make purchases in certain Verizon apps and third party apps.
- Free Offers: Choose to opt in or opt out of the Verizon Selects program.
If you aren’t sure if you should block a service, the Block and Unblock Services page in My Verizon explains helpful alternatives to blocking each service.
Prepaid accounts: Call Customer Service at *611 from your Verizon Wireless phone or (888) 294-6804 for assistance with blocking or unblocking services.
The Verizon Safeguards & Controls page in My Verizon includes a variety of other options for monitoring and limiting usage on your account. Below are links to some of our most requested services:
- Block a number: Prevent up to 5 phone numbers from contacting you for up to 90 days.
- Set Usage Alerts: Receive notifications when you or any of the lines on your account reach your set thresholds (e.g., 50%, 90%, etc.) for data, messaging and/or voice usage.
- Limit usage: Verizon FamilyBase™ lets you limit data, messaging and voice usage for each device on your account for one low monthly fee that covers the entire account.
- Convenience. Block and unblock services online virtually anytime from your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Manage expenses. Prevent unexpected charges.
- Avoid unwanted purchases. Limit the purchases of account members on your account.