The marquee music phone for the new V CAST Music with Rhapsody service, LG Chocolate 3 allows Verizon Wireless customers to access more than 5 million songs, create playlists and load hundreds of songs on their phones to take with them wherever they go. Designed to be a powerhouse music player, the LG Chocolate 3 sports a built-in FM transmitter so customers can play music through a car or other stereo system, dual speakers, Bluetooth® headset for wireless stereo sound, and multitasking capabilities while listening to music. An easy-to-use external front navigation wheel and center select key makes music navigation easy, and the phone will satisfy music appetites with its optional expandable memory using a large 8 GB microSD™ card.
“We are proud of the success and popularity of the Chocolate series of handsets, and are excited about the upgrades made with this new edition,” said Mr. Ehtisham Rabbani, vice president of product strategy and marketing for LG Mobile Phones. “The LG Chocolate 3 helps Verizon Wireless customers minimize the number of electronic devices they need to carry at one time, allowing for a large capacity of music storage and connection to a car stereo without any wires.”
Entertainment doesn’t end with music on the LG Chocolate 3; this feature rich flip phone also packs a 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder and supports V CAST Video and ESPN MVP, giving customers an on-demand link to news, scores and more. The LG Chocolate 3 can be charged via a computer with its micro USB charging port.
The LG Chocolate 3 is the first Verizon Wireless phone to feature Dashboard, a graphically rich portal powered by Adobe Flash® Cast™ technology, which delivers personalized multimedia information and entertainment services directly to the phone. Dashboard features 13 channels – Mobile Web, VZW Showcase, Get Channels and Search, as well nine more to customize the wireless experience. Verizon Wireless customers can select from News, Community, Comedy Central, MTV News, IGN.COM, FOX Sport, Tones & Extras, Sports, ESPN, Music, Entertainment, Weather, Business, and Games channels to appear on their phones.
Additional features and capabilities of the LG Chocolate 3 include:
Additional Music Features
- Music player that supports .mp3, .wma, unprotected .aac and unprotected .aac+ files
- Dedicated music key and preset sound effect equalizer o Create and manage playlists
- Music library – organized by artist, genre, album
- Music only mode (RF off except Bluetooth) – supports up to 24 hours of music playback
- 2.0 Megapixel Camera/Camcorder Features
- Camera resolutions: 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240 pixels
- Zoom: up to 2x o Image editor – zoom, rotate and crop images
- Video resolutions: 320 x 240, 176 x 144 pixels
- Video recording time – 30 seconds (for sending) or up to 1 hour (for saving) depending on available memory
- Video player for WMV, MP4, 3GP, 3G2 formats
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sound, night, photometry o Self-timer: off, three, five or 10 seconds
- Color effects: normal, negative, aqua, sepia, black and white
- Self portrait/video recording capability with flip closed
- Mobile Web-capable – customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- Mobile Email – access MSN® Hotmail®, America Online® and Yahoo!® accounts to exchange e-mail
- VZ Navigator(SM)-capable – get visual and audible directions to thousands of destinations, locate businesses and other points of interest, get maps of a location and share directions with others
- Media Center-capable – downloadable games, ringtones, wallpapers, location-based services and more
- Mobile IM capabilities
- Chaperone® Child-capable – allows the LG Chocolate 3 to have its location shared with family members via the Chaperone Web site, the Chaperone® Parent application or Child Zone® SMS alerts
- Bluetooth Version 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
- Save up to 20 Bluetooth pairings
- Supported profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking, advanced audio distribution (stereo), phone book access, basic printing, object push for vCard and vCalendar, file transfer and basic imaging
- Send all contacts and calendar events via Bluetooth
- Print and send user generated pictures (JPEG) via Bluetooth
- One-touch speakerphone
- Speaker-independent voice commands
- Voice-activated dialing up to 1,000 entries
- Voice recording – 1 minute or 1 hour (standby) up to 1,500 memos
- .mp3 music ringer support (clips from hit songs)
- 27 unique ringtones as well as vibrate and silent modes
- Text, picture, video and voice messaging
- Phone book with 1,000 contacts – each entry stores five numbers, two e-mail addresses and a Picture ID
- Speed dial – 999 entries; one voicemail default
- Calendar, calculator, EZ tip calculator, alarm clock, stopwatch, world clock and notepad
- Flash® user-interface for clear images, text and fun animations
- Simultaneous GPS for enhanced location accuracy
- Standalone mode (RF off)
- TTY/TDD support
- Hearing aid compatible = M3
- Headset jack: 3.5 mm
- Technology: CDMA
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA (Digital Dual-Band)
- Data transmission: EV-DO
- SAR: head 1.26 W/kg; body 0.367 W/kg
- Dimensions: 3.87” (h) x 1.94” (w) x 0.64” (d)
- Weight: 3.36 ounces
- Internal LCD: 260K Color TFT, 320 x 240 pixels, 2.2”
- External LCD: 260K Color TFT, 176 x 220 pixels, 1.76”
- Standard battery: 800 mAh
- Usage time: up to 270 minutes
- Standby time: up to 350 hours
The LG Chocolate 3 will be available for $129.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers can get the most out of their LG Chocolate 3 with Verizon Wireless’ Nationwide Premium calling plan. Starting at $79.99 monthly access, the Nationwide Premium calling plan includes unlimited messaging, VZ Navigator, Mobile Email and V CAST VPak, plus unlimited megabytes for Mobile Web and Media Center.
LG Chocolate 3 customers who want to manage or buy music from their phones can download V CAST Music with Rhapsody software for free at www.verizonwireless.com/music. Customers interested in a monthly subscription at $14.99 monthly access, may sign up online or by visiting a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, including those in Circuit City, or by calling Customer Service at 1-800-2 JOIN IN.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics U.S.A., Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 066570.KS) is a global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications, employing more than 82,000 people working in over 110 operations including 81 subsidiaries around the world. With 2007 global sales of USD 44 billion, LG is comprised of four business units – Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media. LG is the world’s leading producer of mobile handsets, flat panel TVs, air conditioners, front-loading washing machines, optical storage products, DVD players and home theater systems. For more information, please visit www.lge.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world’s leading provider of UMTS (WCDMA), CDMA and GSM handsets, which have been designed to improve the value of customer life. With a total range of wired and wireless solutions, the company is rapidly establishing a global presence and growing its international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.