CHICAGO, IL — So long "Winter Blues", "Spring Fever" is in the air! The most striking symptom of this contagious condition is the yearning to exercise outdoors. Whether you prefer running, walking, biking or roller blading, a wireless phone can provide enhanced safety and convenience while enjoying outdoor activities. Verizon Wireless offers the following tips for exercising safely and calling with care using your wireless phone.
- Always carry a wireless phone outdoors. Whether you're training for a marathon or taking a leisurely stroll through the neighborhood, a wireless phone is your link to help in the event of an emergency.
- Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Make sure that you can hear extraneous noise.
- Be careful not to drop, knock or shake your wireless phone. Rough handling can potentially cause damage. Protective coverings or belt clips may increase your safe handling of a wireless phone.
- Make sure your battery is fully charged, especially if venturing out on a daylong activity. For added safety on a prolonged outing, consider bringing along an extra battery.
- Before beginning your exercise routine, determine the most convenient way to carry your phone. Make sure the phone does not get in the way of other equipment, especially protective equipment - such as a helmet or pads.
- Depending on the scope of your activity, consider using a hands-free device. For example, if biking, it allows you to keep both hands on the handlebars. We suggest making sure your hands-free device is on and working properly prior to engaging in your activity. This can be checked when turning the phone on.
- As you pack or prepare for your outing, consider where you'll keep your phone - on a belt holster, in a waist- or backpack, or in a bike pack.
- Keep your phone in a secure dry place and away from direct sunlight. Exposure to dampness or the sun could cause damage.
- Pre-program important and frequently dialed numbers, so you can dial them by pressing only a few buttons.
- Use your wireless phone to communicate with your exercise partner(s) if you choose to separate.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the largest wireless communications provider in the U.S. with more than 27 million wireless voice and data customers. The coast-to-coast wireless provider was formed by the combination of the U.S. wireless businesses of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD), including Bell Atlantic Mobile, AirTouch Cellular, GTE Wireless and PrimeCo Personal Communications. Verizon Wireless has a footprint covering more than 90 percent of the U.S. population, 49 of the top 50 and 96 of the top 100 U.S. markets. The company, headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, is 40,000 employees strong. Reporters and editors can find more information about the company on the Web at http://www.verizonwireless.com.
To update your profile or remove yourself from automatic News Delivery, please visit the Verizon Wireless Customized News Service Center.