LAS VEGAS, NV — Verizon Wireless, the company that jump-started the wireless data services marketplace in 2002 by building the country's fastest national high-speed wireless data network, is now reinforcing that network with an aggressive expansion plan in Clark County. Beginning today, the Verizon Wireless Express NetworkSM is now available to customers in metro Las Vegas.
Verizon Wireless Express Network customers can expect speeds similar to or better than what users experience when dialing in from their home PC—average data transmission speeds between 40 and 60 kilobits per second (kbps) with bursts up to 144 kbps.
"As the industry leader in the high-speed wireless data market, the addition of the Las Vegas market broadens our commanding lead and forms an even deeper national network for our Express Network service," said Marni Walden, regional president, Verizon Wireless. "Customers who are anxious to increase productivity with high-speed wireless Internet access are invited to stop by one of the 20 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in Clark County to learn first-hand what they can do today with our Express Network."
Verizon Wireless recently announced a flat-rate pricing plan for data-hungry customers. For $99.99 per month with some restrictions, subscribers can download unlimited data on the Express Network. Customers can also sign up for time-based usage plans, that begin at $35 monthly access for 150 minutes of connection and may be used for either voice or data calls, up to $55 and $75 monthly access that include 400 and 600 minutes respectively. Verizon Wireless offers corporate customers pricing based on megabyte usage with rate plans starting at $35 monthly access for 10 MB, $55 monthly access for 20 MB, and $75 monthly access for 40 MB of data sent and received on the Express Network.
Verizon Wireless offers multiple ways to access the Express Network—phones, PDA and PC cards. The Verizon Wireless 2235 handset from Kyocera, the VX1 by LG and the 9155-GPX from Audiovox, are compact wireless phones that function as a modem when used with a laptop and a compatible Mobile Office connectivity kit, sold separately, to access the Express Network. With the Thçra, the newest Windows-Powered Pocket PC, consumers can make voice calls and access the Express Network or, surf the Web through Verizon Wireless' Mobile Web. For customers who prefer a PC card for wireless data access, the AirCard 555 from Sierra Wireless can be used with laptops and select PDAs to access the Express Network.
Express Network Service Area
The Express Network is currently available in more than 300 communities across the country. The following is a partial list of the major markets where the Verizon Wireless Express Network is now available to customers:
- West: in metro Las Vegas; southern Arizona including Tucson, Nogales, Casa Grande and Yuma, Arizona; in the technology-savvy Silicon Valley and San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California; Salt Lake City, Utah; in Portland, Oregon; throughout all of Southern California, including the cities of Los Angeles, San Bernardino, San Diego and Palm Springs
- The Eastern seaboard, including other major Northeast regions: Norfolk, VA to Washington, DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, New York, now including Albany, Buffalo and Rochester, through to Boston in Portland, Maine; and Burlington, Waterbury and Montpelier in Vermont
- Midwest: Chicago, Illinois and Gary, Indiana, St. Louis; several locations throughout Ohio including: Columbus, Akron, Toledo and Cleveland; in the greater Kansas City area, including Overland Park, Topeka and St. Joseph, Missouri, and in Wichita; major markets in and around Detroit, Michigan including Lansing and Ann Arbor and Milwaukee's metro area
- Major Texas markets: Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, McAllen and Brownsville
- The east and west coasts of Florida: Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach, Lakeland, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Key West and the greater Orlando area
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 30 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at http://www.verizonwireless.com.
To update your profile or remove yourself from automatic News Delivery, please visit the Verizon Wireless Customized News Service Center.