BEDMINSTER, NJ — College students across the country have waited long enough and spring break is finally here! Whether heading for the Verizon Wireless Latitude Pavilion in Panama City, the ski slopes or exploring a new city, Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless service provider, is helping its college customers stay connected with friends during spring break with Verizon Wireless' TXT messaging.
Students can visit vtext.com to set up a TXT Messaging Community and then can send short TXT Messages to friends on virtually any text-messaging-capable wireless phone, to help them:
- Stay Together on Spring Break Make sure friends are easy to find and no one gets lost or left behind at the airport, in the clubs or on the beach.
- Share Gossip Don't wait until the week is over share spring break gossip as it happens with friends across various spring break destinations even with those friends stuck at home.
- Enjoy the Party Spinnakers Night-Club is the Panama City Hot Spot and breakers can TXT their friends to come share the fun as they enjoy the VIP treatment at this Verizon Wireless sponsored event.
- Plan the Day With TXT alerts, students can sign up for the Weather Channel's TXT alerts, and receive free three-day forecasts to prevent a day at the beach turning into a washout. Those who are on the beach Panama Beach that is - can TXT their friends so they don't miss out on a fast paced Verizon Wireless Ball Game.
- Be Informed Also with TXT alerts, receive NCAA March Madness scores involving the home team, as well as news updates and daily horoscopes.
Verizon Wireless' TXT Messaging service also brings the ease of AOL® Instant MessengerTM and MSN® Messenger right to students' wireless phones. By individually logging onto MSN Messenger or AOL IM, students can send their friends an instant message or view, refresh and manage lists all without hooking up to their PCs.
Register at vtext.com and pay $0.02 for messages received and $0.10 for messages sent or pay $2.99 per month for 100 messages sent and $3.99 per month for 200 messages sent. For a limited time, Verizon Wireless customers that sign up for TXT Messaging can get 500 TXT Messages for just $4.99 per month through December 31, 2005.
And if you happen to be in Panama City for Spring Break, come visit the Verizon Wireless Latitude Pavilion where all the calls and TXT Messages are free.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 37.5 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.