BEDMINSTER, NJ — WHO: Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless service provider
WHAT: B-Roll, video news release and still images illustrating the porting process, offering porting tips and featuring customer testimonials
- Consumers porting at Verizon Wireless retail stores
- Customer interaction at Verizon Wireless stores
- People on the street interviews
- Sound bite from Roger Entner, director, Wireless/Mobile Services, The Yankee Group
- Sound bite from John Comisky, VP, Marketing Operations, Verizon Wireless
- Exteriors of Verizon Wireless stores
WHERE: The B-Roll, video news release and still images can be found at www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless (under Media Assets)
WHEN: Now available
BACKGROUND: On May 24, 2004, local number portability (LNP) goes into effect nationwide, giving wireless customers across the country no matter where they live the ability to switch wireless and wireline service providers and keep their existing wireless phone numbers. The initial phase of LNP launched in the top 100 markets on November 24, 2003.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 39 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.