BEDMINSTER, NJ — Verizon Wireless, the nation's leading wireless service provider, announced today the availability of VZAccess Manager, a new customizable tool that lets customers manage their remote access needs across the country. VZAccess Manager, developed by Verizon Wireless in conjunction with one of its parent companies, Vodafone, is available for BroadbandAccess and NationalAccess wireless PC cards, and Mobile Office Kits. It allows mobile professionals, business and enterprise customers to easily access Verizon Wireless' BroadbandAccess and NationalAccess services, and their own Wi-Fi and dial-up networks so that they can stay connected wherever they go.
VZAccess Manager is easy to use and simplifies wireless remote access allowing users to stay connected to business-critical email, company databases, files and the Internet while mobile. VZAccess Manager is ideal for information technology managers who seek to deploy a remote access solution that is easy for their employees to use with minimum support requirements.
With VZAccess Manager, mobile professionals, business and enterprise customers can select from the following icons on the home screen:
- Connect Provides data network access to BroadbandAccess (EV-DO), NationalAccess (1xRTT), Wi-Fi, dial-up via IS95A, Quick2Net and GPRS/UMTS (when available). In addition, "Connect" provides simplified access to customers' Virtual Private Networks.
- Usage Provides usage log statistics of data sessions.
- TXT Gives customers quick text-messaging capabilities from their laptops.
- Apps Allows customers to launch commonly used applications through one interface.
- Web Opens the default Internet browser selected by the customer.
- E-Mail Opens the default e-mail application selected by the customer.
- Support Provides a complete library of help topics as well as information and links for select Verizon Wireless business products. "Support" also provides contact information for technical support and customer service.
VZAccess Manager, included in select device packages, is easily installed from a CD or downloaded from the Verizon Wireless website. Verizon Wireless customers with existing versions of the Sierra Wireless Watcher, Mobile Connection Manager or Smith Micro's QuickLink Mobile can download VZAccess Manager as a free upgrade by visiting www.verizonwireless.com and selecting Mobile Options, Wireless Internet and then NationalAccess.
Verizon Wireless and Vodafone worked together to ensure that the VZAccess Manager provides customers with the ability to manage their global remote access needs. Verizon Wireless products and services are available in more than 1,200 Verizon Wireless Communications Stores, at participating Circuit City and RadioShack locations, on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers can contact a Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representative directly at 800-VZW 4 BIZ.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless is the nation's leading provider of wireless communications. The company has the largest nationwide wireless voice and data network and 40 million customers. Headquartered in Bedminster, NJ, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To receive broadcast-quality video footage of Verizon Wireless operations, log onto www.thenewsmarket.com/verizonwireless.