DALLAS, TX — To stay ahead of the increasing demand for its products and services, Verizon Wireless, the nation's wireless leader in customer loyalty, has opened its first retail store in Denton. The store is located at 1805 S Loop 288, just east of I-35 at Loop 288 and Brinker.
"Denton is a rapidly growing area and Verizon Wireless is committed to provide the best service to our customers here," said Luis M. Cruz, region president for Verizon Wireless. "Our new Denton store is staffed by knowledgeable wireless professionals who offer consumers a broad range of equipment and service plans including enhanced data services they can't get anywhere else."
Verizon Wireless will kick off the grand opening celebration Thursday, September 14 and continue with music, giveaways, free food and autograph opportunities during Football Spirit Day on Saturday. Store events include:
Thursday, September 14, 10 a.m.
- The Denton Chamber of Commerce and Denton Hispanic Chamber of Commerce will join Verizon Wireless to conduct a ceremonial "Wire Cutting" event at 10 a.m.
- Verizon Wireless will present a donation to Melissa Smith, Director of Denton County Friends of the Family, in support of their ongoing commitment to prevent domestic violence
Saturday, September 16, 11 a.m. 5 p.m.
Football Spirit Day
- First 30 customers "spin to win" a FREE phone
- Meet Larry Brown, Super Bowl XXX MVP and former Dallas Cowboy from Noon to 2 p.m.
- Denton High, Denton Ryan and Guyer High football fans are invited to show their spirit. The school with the most fans to register at the event will win a Dallas Cowboys player appearance and autograph signing for their school
- Meet and receive autographs from the University of North Texas Cheerleaders from Noon to 2 p.m.
- Meet and receive autographs from the world-famous Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- KBFB, 97.9 The Beat, will broadcast from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- KDGE, 102.1 The Edge, will broadcast from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Register to win tickets to a Dallas Cowboys game
- Bring in your Verizon Wireless mailer and get a FREE car flag for UNT, Denton High, Denton Ryan or Guyer High
- Enjoy free food from Chick-fil-A
The new Denton store features a variety of wireless products and services including TXT Messaging, Picture Messaging, Ringback Tones and Get It Now® applications, including VCAST Music, ring tones, games, productivity applications and more. At the new location, customers will find:
- Highly trained sales and service representatives who are committed to providing shoppers with world-class customer service
- An extensive customer service and technical support area totaling over 25 percent of the overall retail square footage
- A top-of-the-line self service center featuring a bill payment kiosk
- An informational video displayed on a 40" LCD screen, providing current and prospective customers with information on the latest handsets and accessories, wireless tips, roadside assistance, customer service, the Verizon Wireless network and account management options
The new Verizon Wireless Communications Store is located at 1805 S Loop 288, and is open Monday through Saturday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Contact Cody Schilke, store manager, at 940-891-0106.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless owns and operates the nation's most reliable wireless network, serving 54.8 million voice and data customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.