IRVINE, CA — Residents in Los Angeles County, California can now make more calls, thanks to Verizon Wireless' construction of new cell sites in Azusa, Covina, Encino, Lancaster, Los Angeles, Malibu, San Marino and Whittier.
Network coverage and call capacity have been improved near:
- Azusa North Azusa along San Gabriel Canyon; along lower Highway 39 north of East Sierra Madre
- Covina Near Citrus Avenue and San Bernardino Road
- Encino Along Burbank Boulevard and 101 Freeway and surrounding residential area
- Lancaster Along Highway 138 near Ridge Route Road
- Los Angeles Portions of Sunset Boulevard from Allenford Avenue to Cliffwood Avenue
- Malibu The Keck Science Building at Pepperdine University and the surrounding vicinity, including the intersection of Malibu Canyon Road and Pacific Coast Highway; Pepperdine University, including Via Pacific Street and surrounding area
- San Marino San Marino hill and north San Gabriel
- Whittier The intersection of Telegraph Road and Colima Road
"A school nurse needs to call a child's parent A college student wants a ride home for the weekend A first responder must e-mail her team Whatever you consider urgent, you can depend on the most reliable national wireless network thanks to our $35 billion investment in it over the past seven years," said John Palmer, regional president of Verizon Wireless.
The company's most reliable network claim is based on network studies performed by the real-life test men and test women throughout the country who inspire Verizon Wireless' national advertising. These engineers conduct more than 750,000 voice call attempts and more than four million data tests quarterly on Verizon Wireless' and other national carriers' networks while traveling over 240,000 miles quarterly in specially equipped, company-owned test vehicles.
NOTE TO EDITORS: If you'd like to schedule an interview or ride-along test drive with a local Verizon Wireless test man or woman, please contact Ken Muché at 949-286-8193 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving more than 59 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 65,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE:VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.