ORLANDO, FL, BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SAN DIEGO, CA — Building upon a growing reputation for offering customers breakthrough technologies and designs, LG MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. (LG Mobile Phones) and Verizon Wireless debuted the LG VX9400 at the CTIA WIRELESS 2007® show today. LG's first phone to support Verizon Wireless' V CAST Mobile TV, the LG VX9400 is the latest innovation in mobile entertainment technology. The LG VX9400 is highlighted by a slim, stylish swing bar design with a large color LCD screen for optimal TV viewing and new cutting-edge features, while also empowering customers with the ability to access Verizon Wireless' V CAST Music and Video, Get It Now® and Mobile Web 2.0SM. With Bluetooth® capabilities for certain profiles and a 1.3 megapixel camera/camcorder, the multimedia-centric features coupled with service that runs on the nation's most reliable wireless network make the LG VX9400 one of the must-have devices for fashionistas, business professionals and families alike in 2007.
The LG VX9400 is perfect for accessing Verizon Wireless' new V CAST Mobile TV service, giving customers the ability to watch eight broadcast-quality mobile television channels. Additionally, with the LG VX9400's easy-to-use multitasking capability, customers enjoying the best of television on their LG VX9400 phones can take calls and messages and then go right back to enjoying their program.
Verizon Wireless customers will also have the ability to enjoy the latest in mobile music innovation with the LG VX9400 since the device is V CAST Music-enabled. Verizon Wireless customers can download from a selection of more than 1.5 million songs in the V CAST Music library and listen to the latest hits right on their phones. The external microSD memory card slot allows customers to easily move their music from their computers directly to the phones. In addition, customers can take their V CAST Music experience to the next level by pairing the LG VX9400 with a Bluetooth stereo headset for a totally wireless music experience.
"The release of the LG VX9400 signals a new frontier in mobile technology development," said Jon Maron, senior director of marketing for LG Electronics MobileComm U.S.A., Inc. "V CAST Mobile TV is truly groundbreaking, and we are proud to be among the first manufacturers to support a service that will change the way we use mobile devices."
The LG VX9400 complements its robust entertainment capabilities with a full set of mobile features that consumers have come to expect from LG and Verizon Wireless. The LG VX9400 includes a 1.3 megapixel camera with flash and camcorder that allows users to record up to one hour of consecutive video with an external memory card. A one-touch speakerphone, Web-based e-mail and Flash User Interface make the LG VX9400 one of the most feature rich handsets available in the U.S. market.
The LG VX9400 offers some of the most advanced mobile phone features today, including:
- V CAST-capable
- V CAST Mobile TV check out the best of television with full-length broadcast-quality television programs on your wireless phone
- V CAST Music download songs over the air or transfer your own music collection onto a microSD memory card
- V CAST Video and 3D Games watch video clips from the best names in news, sports, entertainment and more or download the latest 3D games from top providers
- Get It Now-capable download games, Ring Tones, wallpapers and more
- Mobile Web 2.0-capable customizable, enhanced wireless access to the latest in news, sports, weather and more
- microSD Memory Port to store music, customer generated pictures and videos (memory card sold separately)
- Flash User Interface for Clear Images/Text & Fun Animations
- Standalone Mode (RF Off)
- Music Only Mode (RF Off except Bluetooth)
- 1.3 megapixel camera with flash
- Self-Portrait capability and mirror for self-portraits
- Resolution: 1280 x 960, 640 x 480 (default), 320 x 240, 176 x 144, 160 x 120 pixels
- Video Resolution: 320 x 240, 176 x 144 (default) pixels
- Digital zoom up to 4 times
- Customizable brightness, white balance, shutter sound, color effects, photometry, self-timer and night mode
- Image Editor zoom, rotate, crop
- Bluetooth-capable (v1.2) compatible with headset, hands-free, dial-up networking (SPP), advanced audio distribution, file transfer, object push for vCard and basic printing
- Bluetooth stereo headset support for listening to music*
- TXT, Picture and Video Messaging capability send and receive messages with text, sounds, photos and videos
- My Account access balance, minutes, usage and payment info
- Instant Messaging capability
- One-touch speakerphone
- Enhanced speaker-independent voice recognition
- Voice commands call, send message, go to, check, lookup, My Account
- Voice memo recording
- 13 unique Ring Tones, plus vibrate and silent modes
- TTY/TDD support
- Hearing aid compatible (M4-Rating)
- Personal organizer calendar with scheduler, alarm clock, notepad, plus world clock, calculator, EZ Tip calculator tools
- 500 address book contacts with five numbers, two e-mail addresses and a picture ID for each entry
- Speed dial (98 entries plus a voicemail default)
- English and Spanish language support
- Simultaneous GPS for Enhanced Location Accuracy
- Frequency: 1.9 GHz CDMA PCS, 800 MHz CDMA (digital dual-band)
- Dimensions: 4.04" (h) x 1.93" (w) x 0.73" (d)
- Weight: 4.06 oz.
- Soft-feel coating for comfortable and firm grip
- Slim and stylish swing bar design with large (2.2") color LCD for optimal (landscape) TV viewing
- LCD display: 262K Color TFT, 320 x 240 pixels, 13 lines
- Standard battery: 950 mAh Li-Polymer
- Up to 228 minutes or usage time or up to 458 hours of standby time
The LG VX9400 is available today in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in select markets where V CAST Mobile TV is available for $199.99 after $50 rebate and a new two-year customer agreement. Customers where the service is available may also purchase the LG VX9400 online at www.verizonwireless.com.
For more information on V CAST Mobile TV from Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com/mobiletv. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
* The VX9400 supports the following profiles: headset, hands-free, dial-up networking (SPP), file transfer, object push for vCard, basic printing, and Bluetooth stereo headset support for listening to music. It does not support all Bluetooth object transfer (OBEX) profiles. For vehicle/accessory compatibility, go to www.verizonwireless.com/bluetoothchart.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving more than 59 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 65,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About LG Electronics, Inc.
LG Electronics, Inc. (KSE: 06657.KS) is the global leader and technology innovator in consumer electronics, home appliances and mobile communications, employing more than 72,000 people working in over 120 operations including 80 subsidiaries around the world. Comprised of four business units: Mobile Communications, Digital Appliance, Digital Display and Digital Media with global sales at USD 34.7 billion (consolidated USD 43.4 billion) as of 2005, LG Electronics is the world's leading provider of CDMA handsets, residential air conditioners, plasma panels, optical storage products, DVD players and home theatre system. For more information, please visit www.lge.com.
About LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company
LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company is the world's leading provider of UMTS (WCDMA), CDMA and GSM handsets, which have been designed to improve the value of customer life. With a total range of wired and wireless solutions, the company is rapidly establishing a global presence and growing its international market share in 3G handsets. For more information please visit www.lgusa.com.