IRVINE, CA — You've been there --- at the airport or in a cab and you realize you need to update your business presentation for a client, or colleague, and e-mail it to them. What now? Hunt for a wireless network inside a retail store or pay a one-time premium for Internet access at your hotel? No convenience. No mobility.
No more. Now, in Southern California, whether you're at the airport, by the pool or in a cab, your presentations or other large files will "fly" to their destinations thanks to upgrades to the Verizon Wireless BroadbandAccess network in Southern California.
Faster than ever
- E-mailing large files at average speeds is now nine times faster than before --- a one megabyte photo will take 13 seconds to send compared to nearly two minutes before
- Surfing the Internet and opening e-mail attachments at average speeds is also faster --- a one megabyte photo or web page will now take 8 seconds instead of 20 seconds before
Available in more places
- Covering more than 95 percent of the population in Southern California from Ventura County in the north to San Diego County in the south
- More than two-thirds of the American population is now covered from coast to coast
- Available at more than 180 primary airports across the nation
BroadbandAccess subscribers can experience these faster speeds with the new V740 ExpressCard, the compact USB720 wireless modem, and the AirCard 595 and PC5750 PC Card.
Verizon Wireless continues to improve its network in California, investing more than $715 million in the state in 2006. That's an average of more than $1.9 million per day to provide customers with the reliable, high-quality service they expect from Verizon Wireless. That reliability was highlighted in 2006 by the performance of the company's network during the multiple wildfires in California.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 60.7 million customers. The largest US wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 66,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.