BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Mobile Web 2.0SM from Verizon Wireless just got even easier to use as the company unveiled its new, redesigned service that makes it easier to get the information you want when you want it with new features and functionalities. With Mobile Web 2.0, customers can still access e-mail, news, sports, weather, and information from the nation's top content providers, including ESPN, Bank of America, USA TODAY and MapQuest, plus now they can take advantage of the new features, which include:
- New Content Channels Local, Connect, Tools, Commute, and Money give customers more options
- New Search functionality Allows both keyword and local search, enabling customers to easily discover sites and content of local interest
- Improved graphics Tabbed graphics, top headlines with photo links and refined features improve cursor discovery and location
- Dropdown headlines Allow customers to select up to seven headlines, for faster access to articles
- 10 Button Navigation Improved navigation and menu structure provides customers with more options on each page
- Numbered article and information pages Enable one-click access, eliminating the need to click through multiple links
- Navigational Shortcut Menu Dropdown menu at the page bottom provides links to other locations, providing faster and easier navigation
- Improved content placement Makes it easier for customers to find what they want
Lee Daniels, vice president of consumer product development for Verizon Wireless, said, "The redesign of Mobile Web 2.0 is another example of how we consistently strive to further enhance and simplify our customers' wireless experience. Customer choice, easy navigation and usability are critical factors that help shape the success of a mobile data service in the marketplace."
Mobile Web 2.0 can be self-provisioned, eliminating the need for customers to call customer service or visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store to sign up for the service. Verizon Wireless customers with Mobile Web 2.0-capable handsets automatically view the new redesigned portal when they navigate to Mobile Web 2.0. Customers simply register for Mobile Web 2.0 on their Mobile Web 2.0-capable handsets by visiting the News and Info category under the Get It Now® menu on their phones.
Mobile Web 2.0 is available for $5.00 monthly access, plus airtime, if purchased as a standalone service from the phone, or as a part of the V CAST VPak, which also includes unlimited basic V CAST Video clips and access to ESPN MVP for $15.00 monthly access. Subscribers to the V CAST VPak do not incur airtime charges when using V CAST Video or Music, Mobile Web 2.0 or Get It Now applications.
For more information about Mobile Web 2.0 from Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com/mobileweb.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 62.1 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 67,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.