BASKING RIDGE, NJ — September is approaching and Verizon Wireless wants to make sure college students and families are prepared to stay connected. The leading wireless company with the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network has a variety of options and plans that respond to the needs of the college-bound.
- Wireless Budgeting Select the plan with the right amount of allotted minutes and eliminate surprises. Creating a budget for music, video, or games downloads with family members can reduce the number of unexpected charges and encourage more communication among family members.
- America's Choice® Family SharePlans® Bring the family closer with the right Family SharePlan. Verizon Wireless offers three plans: Basic, Select and Premium. Verizon Wireless' new Select and Premium plans include unlimited text, picture and video messaging to anyone in the U.S. ideal for any college student and their family. Premium plans also include VZ NavigatorSM so everyone can stay on the right road while traveling to and from school.
- Messaging Bundles Students may not always have the time to call home, but a quick text message might just do the trick. Family members can message each other all they want by adding an Unlimited IN Messaging Plan to their line for only $10.
- Wireless Skills By making sure parents or even grandparents know how to send and receive text messages, students can open new doors to staying in touch with the family.
- Homework On-the-Go For commuter students, time is of the essence as they toggle between their "day job" and school. With BroadbandAccess Connect, commuters can go online to do research, homework and e-mail at any time using select handsets as modems for their notebook computers.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 62.1 million customers. The largest U.S. wireless company and largest wireless data provider, based on revenues, Verizon Wireless is headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 67,000 employees nationwide. The company is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). Find more information on the Web at www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.