BASKING RIDGE, NJ — On the road or from home, Verizon Wireless makes it easy for customers on summer getaways to manage their accounts and stay connected to the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network.
Whether heading to the beach or the mountains, coast-to-coast Verizon Wireless customers can simply and easily track their accounts on the road. Customers can manage accounts, monitor voice and data usage, or make payments whenever they choose, using just their handsets or computers:
- PERSONAL ALERTS: Customers registered for My Verizon (formerly My Account) online account management can set up personalized alerts to notify them of account and billing activity to ensure they don't miss a bill payment while traveling. Once registered, customers receive free text messages when their bill is ready for review and when a payment has been received. To access and register for My Verizon alerts, customers can visit: www.verizonwireless.com/myverizon.
- HANDSET MY VERIZON: Handset My Verizon is a free-of-charge service that allows customers to access self-serve functionality directly from their Mobile Web-enabled handsets. Customers can use Handset My Verizon to check balances; check minutes, message and kilobit (data) usage; make, manage and review payments; view current plan and features; change voicemail passwords; locate a Verizon Wireless Communications Store near them; and find answers to frequently asked questions related to billing, using voice mail, roaming and traveling.
- PAY BY PHONE: Customers away from a computer can dial *611 + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones or 1-800-922-0204 from any phone, select option 1 and follow the prompts to pay by check or credit card. Customers may choose to securely store payment information so they can call in each month to quickly and easily pay their bill.
- BALANCE CHECK: Customers can dial #BAL (#225) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones to hear the details of their last five payment transactions, including the dates of payments and total balance paid. A text message with current balance information and last payment details, including the amount paid and the date the payment was received, will automatically be sent to customers' wireless phones.
- CHECK MINUTES USED: Customers calling back home from their summer destinations don't have to wonder about how many minutes they are using. To hear information about minutes used, customers can dial #MIN (#646) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones. Customers will also receive a free text message detailing minutes used.
- CHECK DATA USAGE: To stay on top of the number of text messages sent and received since the beginning of their billing cycle, customers can dial #DATA (#3282) + Send (airtime free) from their wireless phones. Customers will also receive a free text message with usage information.
- REGISTER FOR MY VERIZON: Of course, customers who register for My Verizon can also track their account activity from a laptop computer equipped with a BroadbandAccess PC card. Customers who sign up for Verizon Wireless' green bill option can arrange automatic bill payments and never need to check their mailboxes for their monthly bills again.
In addition, traveling customers who would like to speak with Verizon Wireless representatives in-person can visit any of the 2,400 company-owned Communications Stores, kiosks and stores within Circuit City from coast-to-coast and make changes to their account or resolve an issue, change their mobile number, change an address, or upgrade equipment.
Verizon Wireless' ongoing investments and enhancements of its network ensure customers stay connected from coast-to-coast. The company has invested more than $45 billion since it was formed $5.5 billion on average every year to increase the coverage and capacity of its national network and to add new services. In 2007 alone, Verizon Wireless invested $6.5 billion to expand and advance its network.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.