BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Pop-rock sensation, Jonas Brothers, are connecting with fans through mobile technology by teaming up with Verizon Wireless for the 41-city “Burning Up” tour, produced by Live Nation, that kicked off in Clarkston, Michigan. Verizon Wireless customers who download Jonas Brothers’ songs, purchase ringtones or ringback tones from their V CAST-capable phones will be entered to win a pair of mobile tickets to see Jonas Brothers in concert.
“We are totally excited to kick off our ‘Burning Up’ tour with Verizon Wireless,” said Kevin Jonas. “We look forward to connecting with our fans in cool, new ways through their mobile phones and, of course, in person at our shows very soon.”
“We are honored to team up with the Jonas Brothers again, this time not only to connect them with their incredible fan base in fun and innovative ways using their wireless phones, but also to offer our customers a chance to win one of the toughest tickets in town,” said Ed Ruth, director of digital music for Verizon. “Jonas Brothers’ youthful exuberance brings a fresh new spirit to pop music, and we look forward to delivering exclusive opportunities for their fans and our customers throughout this tour.”
Verizon Wireless provides fans with access to the Jonas Brothers during the “Burning Up” tour, including exclusive music and video on V CAST, mobile tickets and a chance to meet the Jonas Brothers.
Exclusive Jonas Brothers Music and Video on V CAST
Verizon Wireless customers can download exclusive songs and video from the Jonas Brothers through V CAST Music and Video. With V CAST Music, fans can now download the live versions of the previously unreleased songs from the Jonas Brothers’ anxiously awaited album, “A Little Bit Longer,” including “Shelf,” “Burnin’ Up,” “A Little Bit Longer” and “Pushing Me Away.” The songs can be downloaded over-the-air directly to fans’ mobile phones with V CAST Music.
In addition, Verizon Wireless customers can use V CAST Video to view 10 exclusive episodes of “Band in a Bus” – short mobisodes that capture the raw energy and excitement of the Jonas Brothers recording their new album, set against the backdrop of the band’s explosion onto the music scene. Each episode is two to three minutes and follows the band at work and at play, capturing the band’s creative process and special relationship to their millions of fans and the family of people who support and nurture their dream.
Fans in each of the tour cities who have downloaded Jonas Brothers mobile content, including ringtones, ringback tones and full-song downloads through their Verizon Wireless phones will be automatically entered for a chance to win a pair of mobile tickets to the show. These customers and fans will receive a mobile ticket with a unique barcode on their Verizon Wireless phones. The ticket is good for two seats to the hottest show in town and will be scanned at the door when the winners attend the show.
Meet the Jonas Brothers
Verizon Wireless customers will also have a chance to meet Kevin, Joe and Nick in person before the show. The winners will enjoy a special session with Jonas Brothers, complete with group photos and autographed memorabilia, an exclusive backstage tour, as well as a tour of Verizon’s Mobile Recording Studio Bus. Winners will be selected through various local promotions in each participating tour city.
Demi Lovato In-Store Appearances
The “Burning Up” tour includes support from their Disney Channel “Camp Rock” cast-mate and friend, Demi Lovato, who will be making special appearances at participating Verizon Wireless Communications Stores:
- 7/15 - 2240 El Camino Real - Santa Clara, CA 95050
- 7/21 - 7215 Dodge Street - Omaha, NE 68114
- 7/22 - 1600 Mid Rivers Mall - St. Peters, MO 63376
- 7/23 - 6633 E 82nd Street - Indianapolis, IN 46250
- 7/29 - 8603 Concord Mills Blvd. - Concord, NC 28027
- 8/7 - 280 School Street - Mansfield, MA 02048
- 8/15 - 530 Greece Ridge Mall Ctr. Dr. - Rochester, NY 14626
- 8/20 - TBD - Atlanta, GA
Fans can get Jonas Brothers songs, including their latest single, “Burnin’ Up,” as full-song downloads, ringtones or ringback tones, both over-the-air and on their PCs. Customers who subscribe to V CAST Music with Rhapsody, Verizon Wireless’ music subscription service that includes a library of more than 5 million songs, and purchase full-song Jonas Brothers’ titles over-the-air are able to download the master copy of the songs to their PCs free of digital rights management (DRM) software that restricts how and where music can be played.
The tour name, “Burning Up,” comes from the band’s first single, “Burnin’ Up,” on their highly- anticipated new album, “A Little Bit Longer,” which will be released on August 12. Due to their major success with Disney and Hollywood Records, Jonas Brothers have been signed to a movie (“Camp Rock”), which premieres June 20 and also features Demi Lovato, two Disney Channel Original Series, a 3D concert movie, and a behind-the-scenes book. Their previous album, “Jonas Brothers,” made them a teen phenomenon by selling over 1.5 million units in addition to their undeniable success on stage and screen.
Demi Lovato is an actress and singer/songwriter best known for her role as Mitchie Torres in the Disney Channel Original Movie “Camp Rock.” She has been playing guitar and piano since the age of 11. She attended the Disney Channel Games 2008, which is set to air summer 2008 on Disney Channel. She recently was in Puerto Rico filming a new Disney Channel Original Movie titled “Princess Protection Program” with Selena Gomez and recording her debut CD in Miami. Her good friends, the Jonas Brothers, have helped her write 11 songs for her debut album, which is due this fall. Demi Lovato is proud to be opening up for the Jonas Brothers on their summer 2008 “Burning Up” tour.
For more information on mobile music from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com/music. For information on Jonas Brothers, visit www.JBConcerts.com. Ticket details and tour information on the Jonas Brothers’ Verizon VIP Tour is available at www.JBConcerts.com.
Jonas Brothers “Burning Up” Tour with Special Guest Demi Lovato:
- 7/5 - Clarkston, MI - DTE Energy Center
- 7/8 - Oklahoma City, OK - Ford Center
- 7/9 - Dallas, TX - Superpages.com Center
- 7/11 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
- 7/12 - Irvine, CA - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 7/13 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
- 7/14 - Anaheim, CA - Honda Center
- 7/15 - Mountainview, CA - Shoreline Amphitheatre at Mountain View
- 7/16 - Marysville, CA - Sleep Train Amphitheatre
- 7/17 - Concord, CA - Sleep Train Pavilion
- 7/19 - Denver, CO - Coors Amphitheatre at Fiddler’s Green
- 7/21 - Omaha, NE - Qwest Center Omaha
- 7/22* - St. Louis, MO - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 7/23* - Indianapolis, IN - Verizon Wireless Music Center
- 7/25* - Hershey, PA - Hershey Park Stadium & Star Pavilion
- 7/26* - Hartford, CT - New England Dodge Music Center
- 7/28* - Cincinnati, OH - Riverbend Music Center
- 7/29* - Charlotte, NC - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- 7/30* - Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion at Walnut Creek
- 8/1* - Scranton, PA - Toyota Pavilion
- 8/2* - Saratoga Springs, NY - Saratoga Performing Arts Center
- 8/6 - Baltimore, MD - Baltimore Arena
- 8/7 - Boston, MA - Comcast Center (formerly Tweeter Center)
- 8/8 - Wantagh, NY - Nikon at Jones Beach Theater
- 8/9 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
- 8/10 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
- 8/11 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
- 8/14 - Bethel, NY - Bethel Woods Center For The Arts
- 8/15 - Buffalo, NY - Darien Lake Performing Arts Center
- 8/16 - Holmdel, NJ - PNC Bank Arts Center
- 8/18 - Washington, DC - Nissan Pavilion at Stone Ridge
- 8/19 - Virginia Beach, VA - Verizon Wireless Virginia Beach Amphitheater
- 8/20 - Atlanta, GA - Lakewood Amphitheatre
- 8/22 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Amphitheater
- 8/23 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
- 8/24 - Chicago, IL - First Midwest Bank Amphitheatre
- 8/26 - Pittsburgh, PA - Post-Gazette Pavilion
- 8/27 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
- 9/2 - State College, PA - Bryce Jordan Center
- 9/4 - Tampa, FL - Ford Amphitheatre
- 9/5 - West Palm Beach, FL - Cruzan Amphitheatre
* Dates with Avril Lavigne
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 67.2 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 69,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.