BASKING RIDGE, NJ — When Projekt Revolution, the summer’s premier rock tour featuring Linkin Park, Chris Cornell, The Bravery, Atreyu, Hawthorne Heights, and a host of other headline-worthy acts comes to cities across the U.S., Verizon Wireless will offer fans a number of opportunities to interact with the stars of the show.
“I am very excited to be working with Verizon Wireless to connect with my fans in innovative new ways via their mobile phones and look forward to sharing some of my new music exclusively with the fans attending Projekt Revolution tour first,” said Chris Cornell.
Fans planning to attend one of the stops along the Projekt Revolution tour will be able to:
- Meet and Greet with Linkin Park – Verizon Wireless customers can win a chance to meet Linkin Park and take a photo with the band.
- Visit V CAST Song ID Tent and Chris Cornell Autograph Signing – V CAST Song ID stations will be set up to demonstrate to fans how to use the service as they listen to Chris Cornell’s upcoming “Long Gone” from his new album, “Scream” as well as Linkin Park’s “Leave Out All The Rest” and “Given Up.” The first 200 fans to participate in the demonstration of V CAST Song ID and identify Chris Cornell’s new song “Long Gone” will be given wristbands to an exclusive autograph signing where fans will have a chance to meet Cornell the day of the show. With V CAST Song ID, customers can discover the title, artist and album information from millions of songs and easily purchase it and/or the matching ringtone or ringback tone. For more information visit www.lpconcerts.com.
- Visit Chris Cornell Listening Stations – Tracks from Cornell’s upcoming album “Scream” will be previewed exclusively at specially designed listening stations via Monster Cable’s Beats By Dr. Dre headphones. At each stop of the Projekt Revolution tour, Verizon Wireless will give fans the ability to listen to three yet to be released new tracks (“Long Gone,” “Far Away” and “Ground Zero”). Linkin Park is Chester Bennington (vocals), Rob Bourdon (drums), Brad Delson (guitar), Joe Hahn (DJ), Dave “Phoenix” Farrell (bass), and Mike Shinoda (vocals). The band has sold over 40 million albums worldwide and has earned two GRAMMY® Awards, the first for Best Hard Rock Performance in 2002 with their hit single “Crawling” and the second for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration with Jay-Z in 2006 for the innovative “Numb/Encore.” Chris Cornell, one of the most influential artists in rock – from Soundgarden and Audioslave to his solo career – will perform this summer on the Main Stage of Linkin Park’s Projekt Revolution 2008 U.S. tour. In the mid-1980s, Cornell helped form Soundgarden and has come to be known as a rock icon who thrives on contradictions. An innovator who resists genre labels, he is the chief architect of grunge.
Fans can download music from Linkin Park as well as the exclusive pre-released Chris Cornell track “Long Gone” as full-song downloads, ringtones and ringback tones, both over-the-air and on their PCs via V CAST Music with Rhapsody.
For more information on mobile music from Verizon Wireless, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com/music.
Schedule for Projekt Revolution Tour Sponsored by Verizon Wireless:
- Date: Location - Venue
- August 7: Phoenix, Ariz. - Cricket Wireless Pavilion
- August 9: San Francisco, Calif. - Shoreline Amphitheatre
- August 10: Irvine, Calif. - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater
- August 12: Denver, Colo. - Fiddler’s Green Amphitheatre
- August 15: Cincinnati, Ohio - Riverbend Music Center
- August 16: Alpine Valley, Wisc. - Alpine Valley Music Theater
- August 17: Indianapolis, Ind. - Verizon Wireless Music Center
- August 19: Cleveland, Ohio - Blossom Music Center
- August 21: St. Louis, Mo. - Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
- August 23: Dallas, Texas - Superpages.com Center
- August 24: Houston, Texas - Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 68.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 70,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.