ST. PETERSBURG, FL — To meet the surging demand for the latest wireless services in the Tampa Bay area, Verizon Wireless has opened a new 4,500-square-foot retail store located at 4870 Park Street in St. Petersburg. The new concept store – one of only 10 “Evolution” locations now open in Florida – offers consumers a high-tech and hands-on experience with wireless voice, data, music and video services.
The new Verizon Wireless design integrates a number of innovative systems and operational enhancements designed to streamline the sales process and increase customer satisfaction. Among the new store’s features are:
- Oversized high-definition plasma screens showcasing the latest wireless multimedia applications such as V CAST and Get It Now®, plus the Verizon FiOS TV fiber-optic service (where available).
- A bright, open Demo Bar where customer interaction is guided by product-savvy sales staff, allowing customers to get a sense of the look and feel of a broad range of equipment and services.
- More than 75 working models of handsets, aircards and other devices for customers to handle and test.
- A Greeter Kiosk that allows customers to check in electronically, browse the store and then visit with a representative who already has the customer’s account background and reason for visit keyed up on the customer service computer.
- A Bill Payment Kiosk that allows customers to pay their bills quickly and easily using checks, cash or credit/debit cards.
- Customer Service and Technical Support departments, making it easy for customers to get account information, customer service and address technical issues from trained in-store staff.
The new store is already serving customers Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m., and Sundays, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. A grand opening celebration is planned for Saturday, September 20. There will be complimentary food and refreshments, drawings and giveaways, and local radio stations broadcasting live on site. Also, new customers will be able to take advantage of special discounts during the event.
Store manager Daniel Ferrante can be reached at 727-345-8836.
Verizon Wireless currently has more than 170 full-service retail locations in Florida. For additional details on Verizon Wireless locations, products and services, please visit www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 68.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 70,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.