SAN FRANCISCO, CA, BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and NEW YORK, NY — From CTIA WIRELESS I.T. & Entertainment 2008 in San Francisco, Verizon Wireless, builder and operator of the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, and NBC Universal (NBCU) today announced Verizon Wireless customers can watch full-length episodes from hit shows from NBC, Telemundo, USA Network, SCI FI Channel and NBC Universal Digital Studio on their Verizon Wireless V CAST Video-enabled phones. In addition to hit NBCU shows currently available, this fall brings highly-anticipated new comedy series, including NBC’s “The Office,” “30 Rock” and “Kath and Kim.”
V CAST customers can now enjoy the following full-length shows from the NBC Universal family:
- “30 Rock” – The Emmy® award-winning comedy is told through the comedic voice of Tina Fey and features Alec Baldwin as a top network executive and Tracy Morgan as the unpredictable star of Lemon’s hit variety show. Jane Krakowski and Jack McBrayer also star. (Coming this fall)
- “The Office” – A fly-on-the-wall “docu-reality” parody about modern American office life, “The Office” delves into the lives of the workers at Dunder Mifflin paper supply company in Scranton, Pa. Regional manager Michael Scott (Golden Globe® winner and Emmy nominee Steve Carell, “Get Smart,” “Little Miss Sunshine”) is a single, middle-aged man who is the boastful tour guide for the documentary. (Coming this fall)
- “Kath and Kim” – Molly Shannon and Selma Blair star as the hilarious and iconoclastic mother-daughter duo in NBC’s adaptation of the Australian hit comedy series. (Coming this fall)
- “Life” – The drama “Life,” from Rand Ravich (“The Astronaut’s Wife”) and Far Shariat (“Confessions of a Dangerous Mind”), focuses on a detective who is given a second chance. Golden Globe nominee Damian Lewis (“Band of Brothers”) plays complex, offbeat Detective Charlie Crews, who returns to the force after serving time in prison for a crime he didn’t commit. (Coming this fall)
- “Knight Rider” – On the heels of NBC’s hit movie, the iconic 1980s television classic comes roaring back to life as a reinvented, updated and super-charged action series showcasing the new KITT (Knight Industries Three Thousand). Absolutely the coolest car ever created, KITT is equipped with “AI” (artificial intelligence) that is capable of hacking almost any system. Its weapon’s systems match that of a jet fighter, its body is capable of actually transforming into other vehicles, and it uses sophisticated holographic imagery to elude villains. (Coming this fall)
- “A-Team” – Go back to the 1980s and get into the fun and excitement with George Peppard, Dirk Benedict and Mr. T in this classic action-adventure series. (Currently available)
- “Miami Vice” – Ride shotgun as Don Johnson and Phillip Michael Thomas redefine the word “cool” as Crockett and Tubbs in this groundbreaking detective show. (Currently available)
- “Battlestar Galactica (Classic)” – Enjoy this original classic science fiction series with Richard Hatch and Dirk Benedict. (Currently available)
- “El Juramento” – Santiago, a man shocked by the violent suicide of his brother, seeks to avenge his brother’s death against the woman who he wrongfully believes broke his brother’s heart. (Currently available)
- “Doña Barbara” – Based on Latin America’s classic novel, a woman with a troubled past must confront her own deep-seeded vulnerabilities in the face of an impossible love. (Currently available)
- “Sin Senos No Hay Paraíso” – Based on Gustavo Bolivar’s highly-acclaimed book inspired by true-life events, “Sin Senos No Hay Paraíso” tells the mesmerizing story of a young woman who makes the wrong decisions in order to escape poverty. (Currently available)
- “Caso Cerrado” – Hosted by the beloved Ana María Polo, this popular Telemundo court-show resolves the most heated personal and family battles on Spanish-language television. (Currently available)
- “12 Corazones” – Hosted by lively Penelope Menchaca, “12 Corazones” is a fun and energetic dating game show that combines the secrets of love with the mysteries of astrology. (Currently available)
- “Starter Wife” – On the heels of its stellar ratings and Emmy success, USA is bringing back the hit miniseries as a 10-episode series, with Emmy Award-winner Debra Messing returning to star and now serving as executive producer. The series will focus on the post-divorce adventures of the lead character, Molly Kagan (Messing), as she begins a new chapter in her life. (Coming this fall)
SCI FI Channel
- “Ghost Hunters” – Follow a team of paranormal investigators as they survey the most legendary haunt spots in the U.S. (Currently available)
NBC Universal Digital Studio
- “Gemini Division” – Set in the not too distant future, “Gemini Division” follows NYPD vice cop Anna Diaz (Rosario Dawson) who, while searching for the truth behind her fiancé’s murder, is drawn into a secret war between a race of artificial life forms known as SIMs and the covert agency charged with hunting them down.
Episodes are presented on V CAST Video in a series of bite-sized video clips, letting customers catch up on their favorite shows, at their convenience when away from home.
Customers with select V CAST-enabled phones can check out V CAST whenever they want for just $3.00 for 24-hour use or by signing up for the $15.00 V CAST VPak monthly subscription, which also includes access to Verizon Wireless’ Get It Now® and Mobile Web services, including NBC, SCI FI, Telemundo, MSNBC and CNBC mobile Web sites.
Customers get unlimited basic video – including video from NBC Universal – but application download fees may apply for 3D games and premium video. There are no airtime or megabyte charges to download, stream or watch V CAST content with any V CAST subscription.
For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 68.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 70,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, go to: www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About NBC Universal Digital Distribution
NBC Universal Digital Distribution is a division of NBC Universal, one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal Digital Distribution drives the company’s North American distribution of content across the Internet, wireless, set-top devices and other emerging platforms, and leads content strategy for offerings that include video on demand (VOD), electronic-sell-through (EST), interactive television, and wireless products and services (WAP, SMS, etc.).