BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Even though Nov. 4 is just one week away, it is not too late to become an expert on the current key issues and candidates surrounding this year's presidential election right from the same device you carry with you wherever you go: your mobile phone. The nation's most reliable wireless network is giving its customers access to the most current and relevant Election 2008 coverage on V CAST Video with a wide array of news stories, features, commentary, video directly from both campaigns, popular entertainment clips, as well as video for Spanish-speaking voters.
Verizon Wireless customers can access the following channels in the Election 2008 category on their V CAST Video-enabled phones:
News and Information
- CBS News Weekly video segments called "Hook Left/Right" which provide recaps from both campaigns, commentary from Bob Schieffer and Jeff Greenfield, complete coverage of all of the presidential and vice presidential debates, Katie Couric's webcasts and exclusive video from the CBS News Campaign 2008 Coverage
- ABC News Daily video from political events, the Bottomline from George Stephanopoulos, Jake Tapper's take on the election, News NOW programming from the ABC News NOW show "Politics Live" hosted by Sam Donaldson, ABC News NOW's Rick Klein's political commentary on "The Note," video from George Stephanopoulos's Sunday program "This Week," plus the latest news on the polls and political features on each party's candidate for president and vice president
- NBC News Video from NBC News, including "Nightly News" and the "Today" show, as well as MSNBC's "Morning Joe," "MSNBC Dayside," "Hardball with Chris Matthews," "Race for the White House," "Countdown with Keith Olbermann," "The Rachel Maddow Show," full episodes from the MSNBC primetime lineup, policy-based uncut speeches from the candidates themselves and video from the political reporters and reporters embedded in each campaign
- MTV News Choose or Lose and Street Team pro-social efforts
- To The Contrary Reviews the election from a woman's perspective and provides an in-depth look as to how women voters are feeling, whom they are planning to vote for and the impact Gov. Sarah Palin and Sen. Hillary Clinton have had on this election
- WebCast '08 (an exclusive channel maintained by Kargo) Offers official video from the Obama and McCain campaigns, plus compelling and original video from all perspectives, including video from 23/6, Barely Political, Veracifier, Brave New Films, Hillary Speaks For Me and Purple States, as well as viral hits such as the "Obama Girl" and "It's Raining McCain" videos
- COMEDY CENTRAL Indecision 2008 clips from "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" and "The Colbert Report," as well as political stand-up comedy and digital originals
- Atom Political Parodies A lighter look at election year politics
- NBC Universal Video from NBC's "Saturday Night Live," "Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursdays," plus political jokes from both "Late Night with Conan O'Brien" and "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno"
- Comedy Time "Joke the Vote," a compilation of election related stand-up comedy and mash-ups featuring John McCain and Hillary Clinton
- Howcast More than 10 how-to videos on topics from how to submit an absentee ballot to how to vote to how to translate what a politician says
- Paramount Classic scenes from the Academy Award® nominated film "Election," starring Matthew Broderick and Reese Witherspoon
- Zapper TV Features "Race For the White House," an animated comedy show
- Sí TV "Crash the Parties" countdown to the election focusing on the issues most relevant to Latino voters and coverage and stories from the Democratic and Republican National Conventions
- Telemundo Full coverage of the elections with video from award winning ARV and Noticiero Telemundo, plus exclusive made-for-digital segments about election issues facing Latinos this year
Customers can check out V CAST Video whenever they want for just $3.00 for 24-hour use or by signing up for the $15.00 V CAST VPak monthly subscription, which also includes access to Verizon Wireless' ESPN MVP, Get It Now® and Mobile Web services. Customers get unlimited basic video but application download fees may apply for 3D games and premium video. There are no airtime or megabyte charges to download, stream or watch V CAST content with any V CAST subscription.
For more information on V CAST Video from Verizon Wireless, visit www.verizonwireless.com/vcast.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation's most reliable wireless voice and data network, serving 70.8 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 71,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.