BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and NEW YORK, NY — Verizon Wireless and Casio introduce the Casio® EXILIM, a picture perfect blend of digital camera functionality and entertainment features for the adventure seeker. The Casio EXILIM boasts a 180-degree rotating display, professional 5.1 megapixel camera and access to instant messaging, Visual Voice Mail and V CAST Music with Rhapsody.
Available color: Black and champagne
- Meets military specifications 810F standards for: water (immersion and rain), humidity, salt-fog, shock, vibration, dust, solar radiation, altitude, and low and high temperature storage
- Camera and video capabilities – ·
- 5.1 megapixel auto focus camera with flash and optical 3x zoom
- Resolution adjustment: 2560 x 1920, 2048 x 1536, 1600 x 1200, 1280 x 960, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 160 x 120
- Dedicated camera/video key
- Video capture and playback
- Best shot mode: off, person, scenery, night view, person and scenery, twilight, food, character, sports, party, monotone, sepia, reverse, high sharpness, high contrast and vivid
- Image stabilizer
- Auto focus: off, single point AF or 9 point AF
- Perspective adjustment
- Self timer: off, three, five or 10 seconds
- White balance: auto, sunny, shade, tungsten and fluorescent
- Supports up to 8 GB of optional removable memory (microSD™ card sold separately)
- Bluetooth® profiles supported: headset, hands-free, dial up networking, stereo, phonebook access and object push (for vCard/vCal)
- VZ Navigator(SM)-capable – customers can get audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and share the directions with others
- Visual Voice Mail – customers can delete, reply and forward voice mail messages without having to listen to prior messages or voice instructions
- V CAST Music with Rhapsody – customers can choose from more than 4 million songs to download over the air; get the master copy of the songs on their PCs; and sync favorite tracks, albums and playlists from their PCs to their phones using a USB cable
Price and availability:
- The Casio EXILIM is available for $279.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
- VZ Navigator is available for $2.99 daily access, and Visual Voice Mail is available for $2.99 monthly access. Other charges may apply when downloading or using applications.
- Customers can purchase the Casio EXILIM beginning today online at www.verizonwireless.com or in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores. For additional information on any Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go online to www.verizonwireless.com.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Casio EXILIM in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving more than 86.6 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 86,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Casio Computer Co., Ltd.
Casio Computer Co., Ltd., Tokyo, Japan, is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of consumer electronics and business equipment solutions, established in 1957. Casio Computer Co., Ltd. markets calculators, keyboards, digital cameras, business projectors, disc title and label printers, watches, cash registers and other consumer electronic products. Casio has strived to realize its corporate creed of “creativity and contribution” through the introduction of innovative and imaginative products. For more information, visit www.casio.com.
About Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd.
Casio Hitachi Mobile Communications Co., Ltd. was established on April 1, 2004 as a joint venture between Casio Computer Co., Ltd. and Hitachi, Ltd. The company brings together the many highly competitive technological assets possessed by Casio and Hitachi to provide customers with highly innovative and reliable mobile phone products packed with cutting-edge technologies. For more information visit our website at www.ch-mobile.com.