BASKING RIDGE, NJ, and SCHAUMBURG, IL — Verizon Wireless and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today announced the availability of the Motorola Entice™ W766. Designed for one-touch access to popular features such as a music player, camera and speakerphone, this feature-packed phone offers a classic flip design that will keep customers entertained and connected while on the go. Because the phone runs on Verizon Wireless’ 3G network, customers can expect to make data downloads and transfers quickly and reliably in more places.
- External touch sensors for easy access to popular features such as the music player and speakerphone
- Flip design with large and bright displays for easy reading
- Built-in 2.0 megapixel camera and camcorder
- Support for up to 8 GB of optional removable memory (microSD™ card sold separately)
- Bluetooth® capabilities supporting A2DP, HSP and HFP profiles
- Supports a wired USB 2.0 connection
- Supports a multitude of Verizon Wireless services, including VZ Navigator(SM), Family Locator, Mobile Email, Mobile IM and Dashboard
- Backup Assistant SM to keep a copy of the phone’s address book on a secure Web site
- IM-style texting for a simple view of text trails by contacts, so it feels like having a natural conversation
Price and availability:
- Motorola Entice W766 is available online today for $39.99 after a $50 rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. It will be in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores later this month for the same price after a $50 mail-in rebate. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
(EDITOR’S NOTE: Media can access high-resolution images of the Motorola Entice W766 in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.)
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and data network, serving 87.7 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with more than 87,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NYSE and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
Motorola is known around the world for innovation in communications and is focused on advancing the way the world connects. From broadband communications infrastructure, enterprise mobility and public safety solutions to high-definition video and mobile devices, Motorola is leading the next wave of innovations that enable people, enterprises and governments to be more connected and more mobile. Motorola (NYSE: MOT) had sales of US $30.1 billion in 2008. For more information, please visit www.motorola.com.