PITTSBURGH, PA — Verizon Wireless is offering free personal digital assistant (PDA) and smartphone workshops over the next two weeks at 12 locations in the greater Pittsburgh area.
The workshops will be offered at the following Verizon Wireless Communications Stores:
- 1970 Park Manor Blvd., Pittsburgh; Friday, March 12, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- 380 Beaver Valley Mall Blvd., Monaca; Sunday, March 14 and Sunday, March 21, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- 20436 Route 19, Cranberry Township; Sunday, March 14, 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 163 East Bridge St., Homestead; Sunday, March 14, 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- 113 South Hills Village, Pittsburgh; Sunday, March 14 and Sunday, March 21, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- 3828 William Penn Hwy., Monroeville; Sunday, March 14 and Sunday, March 21, 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 5113 Route 30, Greensburg; Sunday, March 14 and Sunday, March 21, 8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- 4930 McKnight Rd., Pittsburgh; Monday, March 15, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- 355 5th Ave., Pittsburgh; Tuesday, March 16, 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- 3372 East State St., Hermitage; Saturday, March 20, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- 250 Settlers Ridge Center Dr., Pittsburgh; Sunday, March 21, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- 540 Butler Crossing, Butler; Sunday, March 21, 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Reservations are required by registering online at www.verizonwireless.com/wirelessworkshops. Seating is limited.
The classes are geared to help customers get the most out of their advanced wireless devices by learning about exclusive functions and features, including touch screens, text messaging, Internet browsing, using e-mail and the camera, changing ringtones, pairing Bluetooth® devices and setting up the speed dial and address book synchronization functions.
The free, in-store classes are open to Verizon Wireless customers. Individuals who do not yet have one of these advanced wireless devices but would like to learn more are welcome to attend.
Additionally, Verizon Wireless has launched online, interactive tutorials for its PDAs and smartphones as well as other select products and services. The free learning center makes it easier and faster for customers to get the most out of their devices and services by learning the functions and features—on their own schedule. Log in for online tutorials anytime by visiting http://learning.verizonwireless.com/learning.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving more than 91 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) and Vodafone (NASDAQ and LSE: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.