BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless doesn’t wait for hurricane season, severe weather forecasts, wildfire warnings or power outages to focus on keeping its service up and running. Verizon Wireless network teams work year-round to ensure customers can rely on the Verizon Wireless network and use their wireless devices when they need them most.
Go Behind the Scenes with Verizon Wireless – Video Available
A new video from Verizon Wireless takes viewers to Verizon Wireless cell sites, mobile cell sites, switches and other network operations in Florida to show how the company prepares for hurricane season and other natural disasters and emergencies. Those are times when customers turn to their wireless service and count on it most.
View the Video Now
“We Keep You Connected When You Count on Us the Most” is available now and can be viewed:
- On Verizon Wireless’ YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/VerizonWirelessTV
- In the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia
Verizon Wireless’ Year-Round Network Focus
Verizon Wireless has invested more than $59 billion since it was formed – $5.7 billion on average every year – to increase the coverage and capacity of its premier nationwide network and to add new services. In 2009 alone, Verizon Wireless invested $7 billion to expand and advance its network.
More Information Available
- Learn more about Verizon Wireless’ ongoing preparations for hurricanes and other emergencies in the Verizon Wireless Emergency Information Center at http://www.verizonwireless.com/news/Emergency/Overview.html.
- Ongoing network updates, enhancements and information are available on Twitter at http://twitter.com/VZWNetwork.
- Video footage and images of Verizon Wireless network preparations in hurricane-prone areas are available in the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s most reliable and largest wireless voice and 3G data network, serving nearly 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 81,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.