ROCHESTER, NY — In response to growing demand for the company’s voice and data services, Verizon Wireless will open a new Communications Store on Jefferson Road this Monday, January 3. The new 4,100-square-foot store, located in the former Krispy Kreme location in the Tops and Staples Plaza at 1150 Jefferson Road, will employ more than 30 people and incorporate an interactive retail design that invites customers to experience wireless voice, data, music and video services in a sleek, full-service environment.
The new store will be open Monday through Saturday, 9 am – 9:00 pm, and Sunday from 10 am – 6 pm. The telephone number is (585) 697-5900.
"The new store design focuses on giving our customers a hands-on experience with our products and services," said Krista Bourne, director of Communication Stores for Verizon Wireless’ Upstate New York Region. “Making it easy for customers to learn about and choose wireless capabilities is one more way we’re working to ensure Verizon Wireless continues to lead the industry in customer loyalty.”
The existing Verizon Wireless store at 951 Jefferson Road will remain open.
About the store
The new Henrietta store features:
- A broad range of Verizon Wireless products and services on display, including more than 70 working phones, smartphones, PC cards and other wireless devices
- An automated greeter kiosk where customers can check in and note the reason for their visit so representatives can quickly assist them, allowing them to browse the store if there’s a wait without losing their place in line.
- A dedicated demo zone where customers can explore the latest technology using interactive touch-screens or be guided by product-savvy sales staff.
- An ExpressBar which allows customers to process many transactions online via their MyVerizon account versus waiting for a sales rep.
- A bill payment kiosk that allows customers to make account payments and purchase prepaid minutes quickly and easily using cash, checks or credit/debit cards.
- Customer service and technical support to make it easy for customers to get the help they need from trained in-store staff.
Verizon Wireless customers in the Rochester area have the advantage when it comes to network speed, mobility and security – at home, in the office, and on vacation – all due to Verizon Wireless’ new 4G LTE and 3G high-speed wireless broadband networks. In 4G LTE coverage areas, the company’s Mobile Broadband service provides average speeds of 5-12 megabits per second (Mbps) on the downlink and 2-5 Mbps on the uplink in real-world, loaded network environments. In 3G coverage areas, it provides average download speeds of 600 kilobits per second (kbps) to 1.4 Mbps, and average upload speeds of 500-800 kbps.
Verizon Wireless ensures the reliability of that network through continuous investment and enhancement. The company has invested more than $60 billion nationwide since it was formed – $5.7 billion on average every year – to increase network coverage and capacity, and to offer customers the most reliable service available in the nation. Verizon Wireless invested more than $100 million in Upstate New York in 2009.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 93 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 80,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.