BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Calling all tech-savvy students! Check out ten apps from Verizon Wireless to make the transition to study hall from summer effortless. Available in V CAST Apps, the following apps help simplify school for students with just a few clicks on their Verizon Wireless smartphones as they prepare for early mornings and rigorous schedules:
- With WorldDict Full For Android, students get a complete dictionary available in Spanish, Portuguese, German, French or Italian. For $1, this app is the perfect companion to any student traveling abroad or taking a foreign language course.
- Grades Student Organizer, available for $1, users can track to-do lists and course grades, store professor contact information and email professors directly from the app. Integrated with Google Calendar, complete with alerts, the app helps students manage class schedules so they’re on time.
- For $1.99, BugMe! lets students jot quick notes with their fingers and set alarms notifying the student when the project is due.
- With Infinix Calculator, available for $4.99, customers get a scientific calculator with 18 basic arithmetic operations, including statistical, memory and trigonometric functions to make the grade.
- Whether it’s International Studies or World Economics, the CIA World Factbook for Android provides students with information on more than 270 countries and territories around the globe. Available for $4.99, the app provides information about geography, government, economy, communication, transportation, military and more.
- For $1.99, customers can use Phocabulary to prepare for the GRE, LSAT, SAT and GMAT. Hand-selected from test prep books and magazines, the app features definitions, synonyms, antonyms – complete with an image to help retention – of more than 500 popular words.
- 3001 Wisdom Quotes provides insightful and inspiring quotes from some of the world’s greatest leaders and thinkers, including Lincoln, Gandhi, Einstein, Aristotle and many others. For $1.99, with a few words from the wise, students will no longer have writer’s block.
- Students can scan books, documents, images and more with Document Scanner. Available for $5.98, the handy app converts documents to PDF, with the ability to share via Dropbox, Google Docs or Evernote for use later.
- Created by Quizmine.com’s math experts, Math Reference gives customers a comprehensive guide for quick and easy access to those need-to-know math formulas and concepts. For $1, the app covers everything from fractions, percentages and geometry of basic math to more complex mathematics, including linear algebra, series and sequences, derivatives, integration, probability and statistics.
- Students will ace English Literature 101 while on-the-go with Kindle for Android. The app gives students access to over 775,000 books in the Kindle Store and more than 100 magazines and newspapers. Amazon Whispersync automatically syncs the last page read, so students can pick up where they left off.
V CAST Apps, available on select Android™ and Blackberry® devices, delivers thousands of apps, games and more to Verizon Wireless customers. Customers with V CAST Apps enabled devices can purchase and download directly from their smartphones; download charges vary and airtime or megabyte charges may apply when browsing, downloading and using certain applications.
For additional information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest, most advanced 4G network and largest, most reliable 3G network. The company serves 106.3 million total wireless connections, including 89.7 million retail customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 83,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, NASDAQ: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, NASDAQ: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. To preview and request broadcast-quality video footage and high-resolution stills of Verizon Wireless operations, log on to the Verizon Wireless Multimedia Library at www.verizonwireless.com/multimedia.