With a busy 2013 storm season predicted by The Weather Channel, coastal residents can prepare in advance with mobile devices and accessories.
To start, if you don’t have a mobile phone, consider purchasing a prepaid phone to use during or after a disaster to ensure you stay connected with loved ones. Along with your smartphone itself, stay safe and informed with these top five tools:
- Use your phone’s camera to snap images of your belongings now, before any storm frenzy starts. A 32 GB Memory Card has enough capacity to store a large number of photos of the interior and exterior of your home and car, which will be helpful for insurance purposes.
- The most important mobile accessory for disasters is always the one that keeps you connected the longest. The myCharge Summit 3000 allows you to charge up to three devices at once, all on a built-in, fully rechargeable battery. In case local power is lost for multiple days, SolarSmart is a solar charging panel that will keep wireless phone batteries fully charged.
- To follow the latest weather updates, track evacuation routes, or keep in touch with family and friends online, a Mobile Hotspot provides a Wi-Fi signal for up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices.
- Before the start of hurricane season, use Vehicle Diagnostics by Delphi to make sure your vehicle is ready for a long evacuation at a moment’s notice. This smart accessory will help you troubleshoot and monitor your vehicle from a smart phone or computer, helping you know more about the health of your vehicle.
- To prevent damage from rain and flooding, the Lifeproof Waterproof Case will give you peace of mind. Submergible up to 6.6 feet for up to an hour, the case is also shock, dirt and snow proof.
Whenever a storm strikes or threatens the area, these powerful tools will work with your smartphone or tablet to ensure you have the most up-to-date information possible, helping you to make crucial decisions when it matters most.