Experienced Disney travelers are very strategic when they visit “The Happiest Place on Earth.” They know what they want to do and when they want to do it. Being an expert at Disney travel, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised by a new feature that Disney has implemented: the My Disney Experience app.
At select resorts you can get MagicBands that act as your room key, park ticket, charge account and more. The best part of the MagicBand is the introduction of FastPass+. FastPass+ allows you to preschedule three fast passes to save time waiting in line using the My Disney Experience app on your smartphone. Instead of the old way of having to run to an attraction and get a paper FastPass, you can schedule one any time, even when you’re not at the attraction, using the app.
How else does the app enhance your stay? You can:
- Check wait times for any ride at any of the parks. Parlaying this with your FastPass+ allows you to enjoy the most attractions in the shortest amount of time.
- Find character meets near you using GPS. I have to get my annual picture with Minnie Mouse (don’t judge) – without this function I would be wandering Disney, crying out “MINNIE!”
- Check park hours and Extra Magic Hours. Extra Magic Hours are key to any Disney visit, as they give you exclusive park time.
- View and change FastPass+ selections, whether for today or weeks in advance. This type of pre-planning puts you in control of your day.
- Research and schedule dining reservations. For those who purchase dining plans, you can get your table reserved in advance.
- Manage your MagicBand payments. Lose your band? No problem – you can deactivate it right from your phone.
- Using GPS, discover what attractions are nearest to you when you are in a Disney Park.
When you have your trip booked, install the app right away. Start playing around with it to understand all the ways it can help you while you are there. Whether you are a rookie or a seasoned Mouseketeer, this app can help make your stay much more entertaining.