If you have already mastered the tips from “Five Things You Didn’t Know Your Smartphone Can Do,” here are a few more features compiled for veteran smartphone users who already know a lot about their devices.
1. Secure and manage your home: The home automation industry is expected to grow to a $35 million market in 2016. With your smartphone, you can change settings on your thermostat, adjust lighting or control home entertainment systems. Some popular home automation products include WeMo and Nest.
2. Start your car: Viper SmartStart is one of the many products you can install in your vehicle to start it from virtually anywhere. You can also lock and unlock doors or activate trunk releases using Delphi Connect.
3. Take measurements: Whether you realize it or not, you literally have a toolbox in the palm of your hands. Apps such as iHandy Carpenter and Smart Tools allow you to use your phone as a measuring tool, compass or ruler.
4. Check your heart rate: Some people like to monitor their heart rate after a workout, while others do so as part of an overall healthy routine. Medical apps like Instant Heart Rate allow you to check your heart rate easily and conveniently.
5. Watch live TV: Life Doesn’t Buffer, Nor Should Your Video describes how the increased data speeds and lower latency of 4G LTE have enhanced the mobile video viewing experience. You can now also use products and apps like Google Chromecast to access the Internet on your HDTV.