Sports broadcaster Erin Andrews is always traveling to be on the sidelines at games. When we caught up with her at the opening of the Verizon Destination Store at Mall of America®, she shared her top five must-have apps.
1. Waze – I don’t know any back roads in Los Angeles, so when I want to go somewhere, like to the beach, I use Waze to tell me the best way to get around. I swear by it. Of course, I don’t really want the word to get out because I don’t want crowds on the back roads.
2. Yelp – Fabulous! I travel all of the time to different places. When I’m on the road, I need to know where to get coffee or a bagel, or how to get to the nearest store. Then, I just cut and paste the address into Waze, and it guides me right there.
3. Physique57 – I can check my fitness studio’s class schedule and get online workouts to do on the road while I’m traveling.
4. Uber – Life changing! Amazing! Whenever I rate a driver, I rate five stars. Customers get rated too so I’ll always ask what they are going to rate me. With Uber I can request a ride with a driver-for-hire via the app, by sending a text message, or on the Web.
5. Weather – I’m always traveling, and I have to dress for the games. This app has the info I need to know.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.
Marquee Photo Credit: BLOOMINGTON, MN - NOVEMBER 21: Sports Broadcaster Erin Andrews Unveils "Get Fit" Zone at New Verizon Destination Store on November 21, 2013 at the Mall of America in Bloomington, Minnesota. (Photo by Adam Bettcher/Getty Images for Verizon)