As a Verizon Wireless public relations professional and techie, I love apps and trying new ones out. Some I keep and some I remove if I don’t use or like them. But there are some apps that I just refuse to uninstall. These are my must-have apps:
1. Untappd – I recently got into the world of craft beers and tastings. It’s hard to keep track of which beers I’ve tasted and liked. I can “check-in” new beers I try and give them a rating so that I can make an informed decision when ordering in the future. Plus, I can even see what beers are trending around me from other app users.
2. PicsArt – Sometimes the filters on Instagram aren’t enough or what I want. It’s fun to create collages of pictures at an event I attended or draw a funny face on a friend’s picture. PicsArt lets me do that and save it to my phone. Then I’m free to do what I want with it, whether I send to a friend or post it on my social networks.
3. Twitch – This video platform and community is a perfect place for gamers like me to watch streaming video games. I’m a big StarCraft II fan, so I can watch live tournament matches on my phone and learn some new strategies to play with friends. I can also watch others play newly released games and get a feel for them before I buy them.
4. Uber – There are some days I just need a quick ride somewhere. Uber lets me request a ride, get a quote and be on my way. The app tells me what car model is picking me up so I know which car to look for when it arrives. That way I don’t get into the wrong car, which I may have done at some point in my life.
5. Image 2 Wallpaper – Phone wallpapers are very personal, but they don’t always show up the way I want them to. Simply tapping “set as wallpaper” doesn’t let me customize how it’ll appear on my device. This app lets me resize and align images to fit my screen so I get the wallpaper I want.
This is part of the Verizon Wireless “Must-have Apps” series, which provides insights into the apps that people use every day to embrace the mobile lifestyle.